Low back pain SUCKS! Shopping for lighter bike, Vstrom?

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#21 Unread post by Gadjet »

MotoF150 wrote:If Suzuki would have a V Strom with radial tires it would be a great bike, ever notice all new Suzuki bikes come with the junkiest, cheapest tires they can get. Any bike can handle and ride like a racer bike if it had the right tires.
so you put racier tires on it. As far as I know there isn't a rule that says you can only use the same tires that the factory puts on the bike.

That being said, I've scraped the pegs on my KLR using both the stock Dunlop 750's (a 50/50 tire) as well as the more street oriented Kenda 761's that I currently have mounted. Rider skill plays a huge part in how well a bike handles, regardless of the tires that are mounted.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#22 Unread post by MotoF150 »

The point I was making is Suzuki can't sell a new bike with good tires, doing this makes both Suzuki and the tire manufactures look bad, Suzuki is the only co that does this, new Honda's and Yamaha's all come new with the best and top of the line tires, Yes I can buy a new V Strom and spend another $400 on better tires but why couldn't Suzuki save me the time and the money by having good tires on it in the first place? I think doing that would help Suzuki's reputation, but Suzuki uses the junkiest and cheapest tires they can get and that makes Suzuki look bad, plus when it comes time for the owner to replace the orginial tires the owner will always buy a different brand of tire cause the owner has learned to hate that orginial brand.
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

PYSCHOWard
Rookie
Rookie

#23 Unread post by PYSCHOWard »

Mark,
Maybe you just need some Back support for riding,backrest or back brace.
I've had back trouble over 20 years and support makes a world of difference.
ANY ride is a Good ride

Proud member of the Patriot Gaurd Riders

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#24 Unread post by Johnj »

Now these are death tires.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#25 Unread post by qwerty »

That's an air compressor, 250cfm, I think. Powered by a 3-71 Detroit diesel. At least the one I had that looked like that was owered by a 3-71 detroit diesel. Eventually i welded a V-tongue on it and swapped the wagon wheels for a beam axle on a couple leaf springs, and 12-22.5 truck tires. It sure pulled a lot better after that. It was tough getting it registered because I had no receipt for frame rails, just welded the trailer parts to the compressor frame.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#26 Unread post by Koss »

the mountain in the background reminds me of where I live, although I can tell alot of differences between them. The dirt looks completely different though. But for a second I did a double take :laughing:
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

atom
Elite
Elite

#27 Unread post by atom »

You know I think MotoF150 is on to something.
Suzuki really does suck and makes cr@p products and the m50 really is the worst motorcycle in the world. Moto, you know who would do something about this: Ralph Nader, consumer advocate. If you have $3000 bucks lying around for a Katana you might do more good for this world buying a ticket for you and Mr. Nader to Japan and let the Suzuki corporate office know about their cr@piness. You could even offer your engineering insight into how to improve their product. I'll bet Suzuki would fix your M50 out of gratitude so it doesn't smoke anymore or even give you a Katana 600 and Mr. Nader might let you run as his Vice President in 2008. I've read that people tend to vote based on charisma and not issues, and if you are as handsome as you claim, you would give Mr. Nader's campaign a needed boost.
When the devil came, he was not red,
he was chrome and he said "come with me"
-Wilco

2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 50 4T
2005 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 ie

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#28 Unread post by BlueBomber »

atom wrote:You know I think MotoF150 is on to something.
Suzuki really does suck and makes cr@p products and the m50 really is the worst motorcycle in the world. Moto, you know who would do something about this: Ralph Nader, consumer advocate. If you have $3000 bucks lying around for a Katana you might do more good for this world buying a ticket for you and Mr. Nader to Japan and let the Suzuki corporate office know about their cr@piness. You could even offer your engineering insight into how to improve their product. I'll bet Suzuki would fix your M50 out of gratitude so it doesn't smoke anymore or even give you a Katana 600 and Mr. Nader might let you run as his Vice President in 2008. I've read that people tend to vote based on charisma and not issues, and if you are as handsome as you claim, you would give Mr. Nader's campaign a needed boost.
I<3 you right now.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#29 Unread post by MotoF150 »

the main reason why no dealer can't fix my M50 is because all Suzuki Dealers hate my guts, they could fix it if they wanted too, but they hate me so bad, that they want me to suffer and complain, they are happy when im not happy! You guys don't have the same problem I have, when you guys walk into a biker dealer ur greeted and treated friendly, when i walk into a dealer they tell me to leave and threaten to call the cops. Im giving my honest opinion on Suzuki bikes, to me Suzuki is the most cheapest made bike out there, but at the same time they are the lowest price bikes compared to the other bikes of the same size, so you do get what you pay for
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#30 Unread post by Wrider »

MotoF150 wrote:the main reason why no dealer can't fix my M50 is because all Suzuki Dealers hate my guts, they could fix it if they wanted too, but they hate me so bad, that they want me to suffer and complain, they are happy when im not happy! You guys don't have the same problem I have, when you guys walk into a biker dealer ur greeted and treated friendly, when i walk into a dealer they tell me to leave and threaten to call the cops. Im giving my honest opinion on Suzuki bikes, to me Suzuki is the most cheapest made bike out there, but at the same time they are the lowest price bikes compared to the other bikes of the same size, so you do get what you pay for
Wonder why... :roll:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha