jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#22 Unread post by jstark47 »

Cyn-

1. Now look at watcha did...... ya got Mike (gummiente) all stirred up.... :twisted: :laughing:

2. On a serious note..... Stereotypes come into being for a reason. In summer I commute by motorcycle just about every day, 31 miles from south Jersey up into the Princeton area. My observations: a significant fraction of luxury SUV's are driven irresponsibly and exhibit poor road manners. Of those luxury SUV's driven irresponsibly, a majority are operated by a female age 25-45, who invariably has a cell phone stuck to her ear. The Princeton area is infested with the things. There are bad male drivers too, but they're usually in luxury sedans or coupes: Infinitis, BMW 7 series, etc.

I'm glad you're not one of these people. But the trend is so strong, that I'm instantly on alert any time I see a luxury SUV waiting to turn left or pull out of an intersection. I don't even bother counting the close calls anymore, they're routine.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

CYNWAGON
Elite
Elite

#23 Unread post by CYNWAGON »

1. Now look at watcha did...... ya got Mike (gummiente) all stirred up....
Sorry! :wink:
2. On a serious note..... Stereotypes come into being for a reason. In summer I commute by motorcycle just about every day, 31 miles from south Jersey up into the Princeton area. My observations: a significant fraction of luxury SUV's are driven irresponsibly and exhibit poor road manners. Of those luxury SUV's driven irresponsibly, a majority are operated by a female age 25-45, who invariably has a cell phone stuck to her ear.
One of the reason I posted this, was that day I was merging on to the Henday and there was a Harley coming along. I saw him, and since merge means get up to speed and find a space, I paced myself on the entrance to come in behind him with lots of space. He kept watching me, to see if I was going to take him out. I like a buffer when I'm riding so I give that same buffer to all bikes I come across when I'm in my SUV. I eventually passed him, looked over gave him a smile and a wave. He then used me as his buffer for the rest of the traffic until I merged off.

If you're ever in the Edmonton area and see a big white SUV with the license plate the same as my sig, I will gladly be your wingman (girl).
'08 Suzuki M50 Yellow & Grey (she's my bumblebee)

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#24 Unread post by BuzZz »

CYNWAGON wrote: If you're ever in the Edmonton area and see a big white SUV with the license plate the same as my sig, I will gladly be your wingman (girl).
Seriously? I have seen you in that thing. Next time you hear carbon fiber knuckle guards tapping your window, don't freak, it's just me. :mrgreen:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

CYNWAGON
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by CYNWAGON »

Seriously? I have seen you in that thing. Next time you hear carbon fiber knuckle guards tapping your window, don't freak, it's just me.
That's too funny! Who knew we'd cross paths. I don't know what highways you travel but watch your speed on 814 south of the city, cops love that highway all the way from Edmonton to Wetaskiwin. Twice last week someone passed me and I come over a rise to see them stopped with the red and blues.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#26 Unread post by High_Side »

We just traded the minivan for a mini SUV and my wife takes it to a lot of soccer games. She also rides a Ducati and I would be willing to bet that she could out-ride most of the guys who dish it out about soccer moms on this board :mrgreen:

If soccer moms are bad, then she is the baddest (no offence CYNWAGON :wink: )

CYNWAGON
Elite
Elite

#27 Unread post by CYNWAGON »

We just traded the minivan for a mini SUV and my wife takes it to a lot of soccer games. She also rides a Ducati and I would be willing to bet that she could out-ride most of the guys who dish it out about soccer moms on this board

If soccer moms are bad, then she is the baddest (no offence CYNWAGON )

None taken. 8)

I'm not sure I could outride anyone yet. But if you're ever looking to play cat and mouse with an old 4X4 I'm your girl.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#28 Unread post by High_Side »

CYNWAGON wrote: I'm not sure I could outride anyone yet. But if you're ever looking to play cat and mouse with an old 4X4 I'm your girl.
You're on!.....but you have to be engaged in conversation on your cell phone, and you have to pick up at least one kid from a soccer game while the race is on.... :P

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#29 Unread post by Johnj »

High_Side wrote:
CYNWAGON wrote: I'm not sure I could outride anyone yet. But if you're ever looking to play cat and mouse with an old 4X4 I'm your girl.
You're on!.....but you have to be engaged in conversation on your cell phone, and you have to pick up at least one kid from a soccer game while the race is on.... :P
:laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

Re: SUV Driving Soccer Moms

#30 Unread post by ofblong »

CYNWAGON wrote:Decided to post this just to see what kind of flak I get for it.....

I am an SUV Driving Soccer Mom (ok no soccer, but other sports included).

I drive a Ford Expedition Max (one of the biggest beasts out there).

I sometimes talk on my cellphone ------- BUT ----------

I ALSO drive a Suzuki M50.

I love my bike, I love my truck. They both have very different uses in my life.

Please don't paint us all with the same brush. I agree some are stupid and just don't pay attention, but some of us are very aware of what's going on around us, especially in the summer with the bikes.

Just my 2 cents that not all of the SUV soccer moms are out to get you - just some.
wow you drive a motorcycle.... How many trees have you run into cause when you start to drive a motorcycle bad things happen. Now if you ment you ride your m50 then SWEEETT!!!! :twisted:

as for the "suv soccer mom" comment thats because its one of those "normal" things in life. Most suv drivers are soccer moms and 80% of the time those are the people who pull out in front of even garbage trucks.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]