Danny MacAskill - What can you say!!!!!

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

Re: Danny MacAskill - What can you say!!!!!

#11 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Core strength and nerveless confidence, I think. Both.

One thing I like about him is that he says he is useless at competition riding. He just likes to have fun, out in the open and not on artificial tracks.

+1 about his film makers. Some stunning visuals, and love the soundtracks.

Cheers
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Re: Danny MacAskill - What can you say!!!!!

#12 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

I could say he's been practicing quite a lot :) and yeah, it's completely SICK how skilled he is on that bike. INTENSE.

I love freestyle stuff, and the "Way Back Home" vid is completely awesome.

I was surprised that a few tricks (very few) he uses some man-made ramps. But sometimes they want a certain specific spectacle and the telephone box jump was a fun one to "cheat" just a little. Not that there is any doubt about the guys ability.

For motorcycle trials there are cool bits by Dougie Lampkin on youtube as well.. a fun one i recall is him riding through Goodwood house climbing to the roof.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)