And yet another "Billy Hunt"

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

And yet another "Billy Hunt"

#1 Unread post by ceemes »

.....only this time he was a fellow rider.

Dear Mr. Cool,

Wasn't today the perfect day to ride? I mean the sun was shinning, the temperature toasty warm, I mean what was not to like eh?

But sadly there I was, stuck inside the office looking out the window while waiting for the clock to run down when I saw you. Mr Cool, astride your Harley, cutting one hell of a figure. Blue jeans, shorty helmet, dark sunglasses, and the ultimate in cool, just a thin sleeveless black leather vest covering your upper torso. Yes sir, you were definitely out cooling even Joe Cool.

The only blemish on you coolness was the backed up and slow moving traffic on Steveston Highway trying to feed onto the south bound entrance of Highway 99. Which I guess is why you opted to ride on the sidewalk, even though it was full of pedestrians walking to the nearby bus stop.

I guess you were too cool to ride down the open and empty inside lane and take the HOV turn off, thereby zipping past those two long line ups of cars. Guess you figured you were so cool, that no one else, especially pedestrians mattered, just as long as you could keep riding and looking good. And knowing that stretch of road, I am willing to bet good money you rode on the sidewalk all the way from #5 Road right?

Mr. Cool, you are a tool. It's bad enough when squidly kids are stunting on the highways, but riding down a sidewalk because you couldn't be bothered wait your turn in the traffic. No Mr. Cool, you didn't look cool at all, in fact you looked like an ignorant arsehole. It is people like you that give all us riders a bad name.

And that sir, is why you the "Billy Hunt" of the week.
Always ask why.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Here is my Billy Hunt of the week. (who is Billy Hunt?)

I was walking to my local neighbourhood mall last week and as I got near I spotted this "Mr. Cool parked on the sidewalk.
As you can see, there are also pedestrians here. It is often quite crowded with people walking there.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/261 ... 34.jpg?v=0

As I got closer I grabbed another shot before he rode away. There was vacant street parking and right behind that Starbuck's is large parking lot and it's free. Maybe he is related to your Mr. Cool?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/261 ... f0.jpg?v=0

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:Here is my Billy Hunt of the week. (who is Billy Hunt?)

I was walking to my local neighbourhood mall last week and as I got near I spotted this "Mr. Cool parked on the sidewalk.
As you can see, there are also pedestrians here. It is often quite crowded with people walking there.

As I got closer I grabbed another shot before he rode away. There was vacant street parking and right behind that Starbuck's is large parking lot and it's free. Maybe he is related to your Mr. Cool?

Who is "Billy Hunt" you ask? errrr.......how to put this delicately????

Think of a very rude, crude and nasty expression that rhymes with Billy Hunt..........to give you a clue, change the B to an S........I'll let you figure out the rest.....
Always ask why.

blues2cruise

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:oops:
Thank you. I understand. What can I say....I have led a sheltered life.....

:)

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#5 Unread post by slimcolo »

Most, not all, parking is regulated by local and not state laws. Not sure about where you are but someplaces it is legal (even encouraged) to park on that area between sidewalk and road (cobble stone in picture) In Oakland,CA (may have been Richmond, Berkley or San Laredo or another burb of Oakland, any way on Mission BLvd.) I actually had Police ask me to move bike (full dress HD) onto sidewalk instead of parking lot.

In Pueblo you can park on sidewalk or that area in a res. zoned area but not a business.

Here you cannot park a motorcycle on sidewalk (City streets, but OK on private property like Wally world), but it is ok for scooter (even the new 3 wheel Vespas that are licensed as a motorcycle) This was not allowed before local Ford dealer started selling Vespas 2 years ago!

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#6 Unread post by BuzZz »

Haw-haw.... Blues said a naughty word! (almost...) :wink:

:laughing:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#7 Unread post by Gadjet »

blues2cruise wrote:Here is my Billy Hunt of the week. (who is Billy Hunt?)

Actually, Blues, that looks like a pretty good place to park - notice how he's parked right between two 'on-ramps'? I would have no problem parking my bike there, as it seems to be away from the main flow of pedestrian traffic, and you only have to go about 4 feet to get back onto the road. I'd have an issue if he had to ride a half a block on the sidewalk to get to that parking spot, or if he had parked right in the middle of the sidewalk (concrete area)
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

Yes, but it's totally illegal to park there in this part of the country...

As to actually riding on the sidewalk.... what can I say but "Billy Hunt" :evil:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#9 Unread post by dr_bar »

slimcolo wrote:Not sure about where you are...

Well, I seem to notice that ceemes and blues2cruise both have their locations listed... Neither one would have to worry about "State" laws anyway... lol. :roll: :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

BuzZz wrote:Haw-haw.... Blues said a naughty word! (almost...) :wink: