Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#41 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Total posts: 2026
[0.96% of total / 1.39 posts per day]

Just can't believe I'm still up there with 1.39/day. Must've posted a helluva lot in the early days! Hey Holiday, how can I lose 64lbs wt of verbiage off my posts? Put them all together and they add up to a serious time commitment. (It's not though my posts are very short either. Can't seem to discipline myself there. :oops: )

But I'm glad to hear that John seems to be doing OK after his illness. Hope that is true, John. If you read this, I really enjoyed your posts in the early days of TMW and missed them when you left the site. Best wishes, mate, and ride safe.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#42 Unread post by Gummiente »

-Holiday wrote:Are those Urals big ebough to fit St Bernards?
Yes, but it might be a tight fit. A better plan would be to purchase the cargo box option...

Or this version...
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#43 Unread post by intotherain »

-Holiday wrote:
intotherain wrote:
-Holiday wrote: I've lost 64 pounds

Nice!!
thanks!

12 more to go and I'm at my goal weight. The bad (and good) part is that I have to buy all new bike gear. Gets expensive!
This is really impressive! I went from 174 to 166 this summer and I felt pretty special, ha.

What kind of workouts did you do?

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#44 Unread post by -Holiday »

intotherain wrote:
-Holiday wrote:
intotherain wrote:
-Holiday wrote: I've lost 64 pounds

Nice!!
thanks!

12 more to go and I'm at my goal weight. The bad (and good) part is that I have to buy all new bike gear. Gets expensive!
This is really impressive! I went from 174 to 166 this summer and I felt pretty special, ha.

What kind of workouts did you do?
most weeks go like this:

Monday-Friday I run a 5k every morning (3.1 miles) on the treadmill. I do interval training or H.I.I.T. which is basically a minute at the highest heart rate I can handle, then a minute a moderate, then repeat 7-10 times. This way burning more calories post workout than just straight endurance training.

I also walk when I have time, and make sure it totals at least 2 miles a day. I eat healthy. 3-4 day's a week I weight train, usually all upper body stuff with free weights.

Some weeks I do more cardio, some more weight training just to switch it up. Like two weeks ago I ran a marathon over 4 days. 5-7 miles a day on the treadmill.

Weekends I usually just do something active, but if the weather is crap I'll run on the treadmill. This weekend for example I ran about 8 miles total between today and yesterday, 4 on the treadmill and 4 around my town.

As soon as I meet my goal weight I'll be concentrating less on cardio and more on gaining mass. I don't want to get huge , just build a bit more muscle in my upper body.

I have before during and after pics of what I've accomplished. If you're interested in those send me a PM as I don't really feel like posting half naked pics of me all over the internet :) Especially my "before" pics...

later
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#45 Unread post by intotherain »

You have MOTIVATION.

I cut my exercise routine after 3 weeks when my I thought to myself I'd rather take the car/bike or do other things.

Oh yeah send me those pictures.