Triumphgirl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: Triumph America 07

Re: What did you do today...

#3061 Unread post by Triumphgirl »

Went to National Oilwells Customer Appreciation Luncheon today.
I had Prime Rib and Lobster for Lunch!! Mmmm Mmmm
I keep trying to Think...but nothing hAppens

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#3062 Unread post by dr_bar »

Triumphgirl wrote:Went to National Oilwells Customer Appreciation Luncheon today.
I had Prime Rib and Lobster for Lunch!! Mmmm Mmmm
I thought I was in the BP thread for a minute.... :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3063 Unread post by ceemes »

Paid for all the work done on Connie, put $1600 plus worth of damage on the old fantastic plastic....gonna be awhile paying that off, but I am now finally good to go. Picking her up either after work tomorrow if I can get out in time or on Saturday.

Work done:
New front skin
New front brake rotors,
New brake pads fore and aft
Rebuilt starter motor
Valve adjustment
Coolant flush and replacement
Total tune up
Fixed a small oil leak
Full oil change and lube
Replaced the hydraulic fluids in the brakes and clutch
Clutch adjustment
Rebuilt and synced the carbs
Replaced the broken side reflector
Replacing the hand grips, he is throwing them in as a freebie and has a selection for me to choose from
and hopefully, they washed the bike as well......

Its a local shop called Cypress Motorcycle located in the Tilbury Industrial Park off of River Road in Delta BC. I highly recommend them to anyone with an older bike that needs work. Their prices are reasonable, the staff knowledgeable and friendly, and they don't "fudge" you around like some stealership shops I have dealt with in the past. All in all, damn good people, damn good wench turners and worth supporting. Give them a call and ask for Darcy. By the way, this is an unsolicited plug.
Always ask why.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3064 Unread post by Wrider »

Good to hear you had such a good experience there! And hey at least you've got your new job to help you pay it off right?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3065 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ceemes...after you drop your bike off, how do you get home> And how do you get there again to pick it up? Is there actually bus service in there?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3066 Unread post by Wrider »

Spent an entire week's paycheck on getting my timing belt replaced since I don't have the tools and my buddy backed out for three freaking weeks.
But then got to ride a friend's new Ninja 650R home for him since he doesn't know how to ride yet.
Then we drove to a mutual friend's house where another mutual friend was and we all jumped into Ninja-friend's car to go to dinner together. Now before I go any further I should mention that all three of these guys are deaf. So we get to the sports bar, and I find it's very nice having dinner with deaf people because no matter how loud it gets we can communicate just fine haha.
Then the driver had a beer so we convinced him to let me drive home as I'm the only one that is comfortable driving a manual, and he happens to drive a WRX. Oh darn... Just twist my arm why doncha?
Then had a nice conversation with everyone and went home, and during said trip I saw an NSX, two modded Rousch Mustangs, and an Elise.
Not a bad day except for the financial part of it.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#3067 Unread post by jaskc78 »

woke up way too early, dropped off a friend, got breakfast, got a lieu of tax form signed so i don't have to pay VLT on the goldwing, registered the goldwing and got the title transferred over to my name, unloaded it from the back of my truck, rode it over to ESP and dropped it off for a tune-up and inspection, rode a ZX-10R back to the shop, drove my truck home, took a shower, rode the victory to safeway then back to the shop, talked to some customers, sold some gloves, went back home to pick up the license plate for the r1, went up to ride now, waited for r1 to be ready, took the r1 over to my friend's tattoo shop and got a ride back to ride now, rode the victory over to his shop, got a tattoo, picked up stephanie, ate at fuddrucker's, dropped off stephanie, went to starbucks, came home, got changed, turned on the computer, checked my email, hopped on over here to TMW to read up on the forums, started posting this.
Attachments
New_Tat.jpg
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#3068 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:ceemes...after you drop your bike off, how do you get home> And how do you get there again to pick it up? Is there actually bus service in there?
There is, but I took a cab down to pick up the bike...

Anyways, picked it up after work on Friday and took a short trip to visit my baby brother, had a good night and started for home. Got half way there when it died, total fuel starvation even. Tried fiddling with the the line, opening the gas cap, but nada, nothing, zippo, zilch, bugger all, SFA......luckily I stopped right down by the East Delta Hall on Number 10 hight and was able to safely park the bike.

Saturday called the shop who came down and picked up FOR FREE!!!!!!! Turned out to be a bad fuel filter which they replaced. But on Saturday I was basically bikeless so used the Pathfinder to take my two nephews plus their friend down to watch the Boundary Bay Air Show. Small air show, but it had free admission, which was a nice surprise and a good time was had by all. The shop called telling me my bike was ready about the time the show ended so, we drove back home.

The it was time for me to do my ultra squid routine. Had my medium helmet in the Pathfinder with me as I am planning on taking my brothers oldest boy with me on next weeks Vancouver Firefighters Burn Run in support of their camp for kids who suffered burns. He is my favorite nephew, probably because he is a lot like me when I was that age. Anyways, took the helmet to see if it fitted him. When it was time to go pick up the bike again, had my brother come with me to drive the Pathfinder back from the shop. My plan was to go home and get my gear and then pick up the bike, however he had other ideas and we went straight to the shop. I rode home wearing the smaller helmet and would you believe shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of leather sandals?????? Total squid routine. I don't think I could for felt more naked on a bike even if I was completely starkers.
Always ask why.

jaskc78
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#3069 Unread post by jaskc78 »

I can't even imagine, Ceemes. I feel naked just taking bikes from the shop to the gas station right next door to get gas, let alone going out onto public roads with traffic and all the associated hooligans.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#3070 Unread post by ceemes »

jaskc78 wrote:I can't even imagine, Ceemes. I feel naked just taking bikes from the shop to the gas station right next door to get gas, let alone going out onto public roads with traffic and all the associated hooligans.
I have to admit that the pucker factor was high and I was ultra cautious, especially considering the new front tyre, brake rotors and pads hadn't been broken in yet.
Always ask why.