Where's global warming when you need it?

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

Where's global warming when you need it?

#1 Unread post by flw »

So far where I live, we've on hit the avg high on 4 of the 14 days so far. I can ride on avg highs in April without winter gear. But not this year.

I want my 10 degree's back!
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I also see no evidence of global warming here.

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#3 Unread post by t_bonee »

Hey now. It's "global" warming not "localized" warming. I bet the people in the desert water is running out are wishing for the next ice age. :laughing:
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

We have enough water here to ship containers of it to people who are dying of thirst. It's too bad corruption gets in the way of meeting the needs of the people. :(

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by shalihe74 »

If y'all can figure out the mechanism for the trade, I'll happily exchange any degrees Farenheit in excess of 85 from our AZ temperature for a few days rain here and there. :)
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by Apollofrost »

shalihe74 wrote:If y'all can figure out the mechanism for the trade, I'll happily exchange any degrees Farenheit in excess of 85 from our AZ temperature for a few days rain here and there. :)
What we need is an enormous heat exchanger :laughing:
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

TR7
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 79 xs600

#7 Unread post by TR7 »

From what I have gathered, global warming, although it does in fact warm the earth, is only part of the equation. What also happens is even with a few degrees, dramatic changes in weather patterns occur. Therefore you will see more extreme weather and climate variations not found before.

Now that what everyone knows has been stated, my work here is done and somewhere another thread is in need of blatant conclusions, Captain Obvious away!
:tricycle:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

Kitty wrote:What we need is an enormous heat exchanger :laughing:

We already have one, it's called the rain forrest... oh wait a sec, they're removing that aren't they... Good thing we still have that other one, you know, the ocean??? :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#9 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Funny how global warming just popped up on us this year after being politicized to death. Who knew Earth's climate was tied to election years?
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#10 Unread post by shalihe74 »

Funny how global warming just popped up on us this year after being politicized to death. Who knew Earth's climate was tied to election years?
There's a direct correlation to elections, actually. The scientists have the warming mechanism wrong, though. It's not greenhouse gasses that are heating up the planet; it's a result of all the hot air being spewed by politicians during their campagins. 8)
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]