BBQ

Message
Author
User avatar
Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Posts: 3806
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:34 pm
Real Name: Johnny Strabler
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning
Location: Kansas City KS

BBQ

#1 Unread post by Johnj » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:24 am

Image


Go Team Flat Tire.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Image
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

User avatar
Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Posts: 904
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:29 am
Sex: Male
Location: Watertown, WI

#2 Unread post by Big B » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:17 pm

now that looks like a hell of a good time! too bad i'll be on my honeymoon that week.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

User avatar
Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 pm
Sex: Male
Location: New Jersey USA

BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#3 Unread post by Bubba » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:50 am

You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
By the time I'm done, I don't want to see an other BBQ again. :)
What is it about BBQ that sounds sooooooo good until your done eating it and you wish you didn't?
:laughing:
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

User avatar
Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Posts: 3806
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:34 pm
Real Name: Johnny Strabler
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning
Location: Kansas City KS

#4 Unread post by Johnj » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:56 pm

What it is is you've had good BBQ in the past that you remember, but the place down the street isn't that good.There are no BBQ places in Jersey.



:laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Image
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

User avatar
jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:08 pm
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model
Contact:

Re: BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#5 Unread post by jonnythan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:59 pm

Bubba wrote:You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
By the time I'm done, I don't want to see an other BBQ again. :)
What is it about BBQ that sounds sooooooo good until your done eating it and you wish you didn't?
:laughing:
I dunno, sucks to be you. I could eat BBQ every night of the week and three times on Sunday.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up on it in the south. Kinda like cajun food... you have to grow up on it and be tempered to it or else the flavors overwhelm you ;)

And I'd be as surprised to find a good BBQ joint in Jersey as I would be to find a good cajun food joint in... well, Jersey.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

User avatar
Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 pm
Sex: Male
Location: New Jersey USA

Re: BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#6 Unread post by Bubba » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:17 pm

jonnythan wrote:
Bubba wrote:You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
By the time I'm done, I don't want to see an other BBQ again. :)
What is it about BBQ that sounds sooooooo good until your done eating it and you wish you didn't?
:laughing:
I dunno, sucks to be you. I could eat BBQ every night of the week and three times on Sunday.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up on it in the south. Kinda like cajun food... you have to grow up on it and be tempered to it or else the flavors overwhelm you ;)







And I'd be as surprised to find a good BBQ joint in Jersey as I would be to find a good cajun food joint in... well, Jersey.

And they have good BBQ in upstate NY? :laughing:
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

User avatar
jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:08 pm
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model
Contact:

Re: BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#7 Unread post by jonnythan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Bubba wrote:
jonnythan wrote:
Bubba wrote:You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
By the time I'm done, I don't want to see an other BBQ again. :)
What is it about BBQ that sounds sooooooo good until your done eating it and you wish you didn't?
:laughing:
I dunno, sucks to be you. I could eat BBQ every night of the week and three times on Sunday.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up on it in the south. Kinda like cajun food... you have to grow up on it and be tempered to it or else the flavors overwhelm you ;)







And I'd be as surprised to find a good BBQ joint in Jersey as I would be to find a good cajun food joint in... well, Jersey.

And they have good BBQ in upstate NY? :laughing:
No, there is not. No good cajun food, either, even though joint after joint sells "cajun" items.

In fact, there really isn't much good food in general.

I'm relatively new to Upstate NY. I'm from New Orleans.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

User avatar
Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 pm
Sex: Male
Location: New Jersey USA

Re: BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#8 Unread post by Bubba » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:27 pm

jonnythan wrote:
Bubba wrote:
jonnythan wrote:
Bubba wrote:You know I sit here and see adverts for BBQ or see somebody on TV cooking BBQ and my mouth starts watering. I take a run over to the only BBQ joint within 4o miles and and order a half rack and a cold one and start chowing down.
By the time I'm done, I don't want to see an other BBQ again. :)
What is it about BBQ that sounds sooooooo good until your done eating it and you wish you didn't?
:laughing:
I dunno, sucks to be you. I could eat BBQ every night of the week and three times on Sunday.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up on it in the south. Kinda like cajun food... you have to grow up on it and be tempered to it or else the flavors overwhelm you ;)







And I'd be as surprised to find a good BBQ joint in Jersey as I would be to find a good cajun food joint in... well, Jersey.

And they have good BBQ in upstate NY? :laughing:
No, there is not. No good cajun food, either, even though joint after joint sells "cajun" items.

In fact, there really isn't much good food in general.

I'm relatively new to Upstate NY. I'm from New Orleans.
Hell you're close to the original "cajun" country. Just go north. :laughing:
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

User avatar
jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:08 pm
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model
Contact:

Re: BBQ? Did someone say BBQ?

#9 Unread post by jonnythan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Bubba wrote:Hell you're close to the original "cajun" country. Just go north. :laughing:
Not really. Sure, the Acadians came from the eastern Canada region, but the Acadians spent generations mixing with the Spanish and French Creole people also settling in the area (a hot, wet, tropical area) to produce Cajuns as we know them today.

The culture is remarkably different.

My heritage and my family are distinctly Cajun, from the southeast and south-central portions of Louisiana.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

marie3454
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:05 pm
Real Name: Marie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: honda

Re: BBQ

#10 Unread post by marie3454 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:07 pm

Which is best and cheap for BBQ?

Post Reply