Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

INTERVIEW WITH H-D DIRT QUAKE V WINNER, DIMITRI COSTE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

INTERVIEW WITH #H-D DIRT #QUAKE V WINNER, DIMITRI @COSTE

Frenchman Dimitri Coste, rode his socks off to win the hearts of the massive crowd and title winner of the Harley-Davidson class. Such was his cool, laid-back, happy approach to racing; we thought you’d like to know more about this winner. We asked, Dimitri Coste answered...

Q: How old were you when you first rode a motorcycle?
A: Probably 7, on a PW50

Q: Is dirt track racing a hobby for you?
A: Dirt Tracking is more than a hobby, it’s a passion; it’s a way to feel alive and happy. The thrill and the adrenaline you get racing flat track is pure dope – no way you could get any closer on a golf course, unless if you're actually riding a motorcycle on it.

Q: You’re a fast man on a dirt track bike; is this a natural talent or was it taught by hard-knocks and bruises?
A: Natural talent for hard knocks and bruises, ha-ha-ha! I wish I could practice and get better, but time seems to be always missing. I just ride with my instinct not my brain.

Q: What do the words “Harley-Davidson” mean to you?
A: Americana. Tradition. Legend. Stars, stripes and V-Twin.

Q: At Dirt Quake V, you “dressed to impress” wearing a tasselled blouson jacket. Is there a reason for this?
A: If you're not the best, you better look good...I like to get to the podium but I’m racing for the beauty of it and not for a trophy hunt. You gotta make it fun to watch and please the crowds.

Q: Have you raced professionally? If no, why not?
A: No never. I'm having too much fun doing it the amateur way. If it has to be a profession, I would be afraid to lose a bit of the love for it.

From the H-D team, Dimitri Coste, we thank you.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.