Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TOUGH DAY FOR YOSHIMURA SUZUKI AT SOUTHWICK MX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TOUGH DAY FOR $YOSHIMURA $SUZUKI AT #SOUTHWICK MX

Team Suzuki Press Office – July 11.

The highly-anticipated return of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship to the Wick 338, in Southwick, Massachusetts did not go according to plan for Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing at the weekend.

Although Blake Baggett was able to pilot his RM-Z to a solid eighth in qualifying and fill-in rider, Matt Bisceglia led the first laps of the consolation race, their day ended early after tumbles sidelined both riders.

Baggett crashed in timed qualifying and again in the first moto, tweaking the shoulder he injured early in the season. He struggled to a 24th-place finish in the first moto and elected not to start the second.

Bisceglia fell hard while leading the consolation race by a large margin. After a trip to the local hospital he learned that he had sustained fractured ribs and a partially-collapsed lung from the incident.

For Baggett, the return to Southwick began with a hard get-off in the second practice session. In spite of the fall he’d been able to push his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to a time of 2:04.948, good enough for a solid eighth in timed qualifying.
“I had the big crash in practice number two and dodged a bullet,” Baggett explained. “It was one of the biggest ones I’ve had. I just made a little mistake and over-jumped the tabletop and had a big get-off at the bottom.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.