Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Burson is Second in New Mexico

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Burson is Second in #NewMexico

Press Release
Paso Robles, CA
For Immediate Release

Purvines/Beta Racing's Nick Burson had a successful weekend finishing second in Espanola, New Mexico for round 4 of the AMA National Hare & Hound series. Burson was in 4th after lap one and picked off riders each lap to eventually finish in second aboard his Beta 480 RR.

Burson describes his race, "When the banner dropped Sunday morning I got a great jump and made it to the end of a long sand wash in 3rd place. I made a pass on Ryan Smith and was into 2nd. It was a little dusty but not to bad. About mile 5 Brabec got by me and put me back to 3rd. I tried to latch on and stay with the lead pack but was making a lot of mistakes until eventually going down about halfway through the lap. I picked myself up and took off to have pressure from 4th place. I tried to hold him off but he was riding good and had some local knowledge and took a better line than me. I got to the pits 4th overall got fresh X-brand goggles and was off. Immediately I started feeling better and getting in a rhythm. I reeled back in the 3rd place rider and we came into a check where he stopped to get some water it looked like. Now I was all alone in 3rd place and the heat and humidity were in full affect. I knew I lost a lot of ground on the leaders and tried to just settle into a good pace. I did that the next two laps and then heading into the 4th lap they said I was catching Jake who was in 2nd and he was having some issues. About 5 miles into the last loop I started to see him up ahead. I made the pass and could tell he wasn't up to full speed. From there I just rode conservative to the finish to bring home 2nd overall and finally get back up on the podium where I belong after two disappointing problems in the rounds before. Looking forward to our 2 month break and being ready to go for the Caliente Hare and Hound!"

Nick Burson and his 480 RR in New Mexico (Photo by Kato)

Burson's teammate Axel Pearson had a bad fall that left him with a dislocated shoulder after hitting another rider's bike that fell in front of him.

Beta USA Factory rider Tegan Temple had similar luck at round 9 of the GNCC series held at the famous Snowshoe ski resort in West Virginia. The young racer hit a rock while at speed on one of the fast road sections injuring his hand forcing him out of the race.

Temple is looking to regroup after a few bad races, "I had a very frustrating day, I was confident coming in but started out by getting lost on the first lap due to downed ribbon and ended up redoing three miles of the course with another pro, putting me dead last at the end of lap one. I started making up ground and got up to 14th when I hit a rock on one of the gravel roads and high sided at speed, ended up injuring me hand pretty bad, it was very difficult to hold on so I ended up pulling off. Not the kinda day I was looking for. I'm looking forward to taking the time during the break to turn this season around."

Tegan Temple leads the 5-man start at Snowshoe only to suffer a crash which ended his race early (Photo Ken Hill)

Beta Factory racer Kyle Redmond used this weekend to hone his skills at the Extreme SuperEnduro held during the Pikes Peak hill climb in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Redmond won all three motos aboard his 300 RR. Redmond beat out 10 time Trial champion Geoff Aaron.

Kyle Redmond won all three motos in Colorado. (Photo by offroadchampions.com)

The Factory Beta Trial team had solid results and locked up a few championships. Leading the way was Andreas Niederer taking his first ever Expert class national championship. Niederer along with his minder Ron Lee and team manager Ray Peters celebrated as he won both days in Colorado.

Niederer had this to say, "This weekend was great! I went into Saturday confident in my riding on my Evo 300 Factory. The Bike performed amazing! The sections were tough, but enjoyable. On Saturday they were less dangerous, Sunday had a decent amount of big hits with bad consequences if you didn't make it. I am very happy with how my season went. I learned allot and know what to work on for the future! It was nice to finish the season on a double win. Huge thank you to Beta USA and Ron Lee for all the help and support all season!"

Andreas Niederer is the 2016 Expert Trial Champion (Photo by Shan Moore)

Teammate Sadie Webb also took home a championship by winning the Women's class. The young rider from Santa Fe, New Mexico was at home on the Colorado rocks taking the win both days.

Webb explains her weekend, " The Colorado National was a fun, well balanced event. I felt confident in Saturday's sections and liked how they were set up. Sunday started well, but unfortunately I injured my shoulder on the first loop and was unable to finish. Although disappointing, I realize that things like this happen, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the pegs as soon as I can!"

Sadie Webb and her Beta Evo 200 are the perfect match (Photo by Shan Moore)

The last Championship of the weekend was young Grayson Hertrich winning the competitive High School West Championship. After getting a solid third in points in the East, Hertrich worked hard besting his rivals to take the Championship. Hertrich also resides in New Mexico and rides a Beta Evo 250 2 stroke.

2016 West High School Champion Grayson Hertrich (Photo by Shan Moore)

Finishing third in the West Junior class was youngster Elliot Key, Key was not able to compete in Colorado due to an injury sustained earlier in the week. The young rider was disappointed after winning the first two rounds in Oregon.

"I am elated from the performances our trials team put out this season. It makes me very proud to see these fine youngsters show off their talent and to watch them improve. Our team manager Ray Peters has been instrumental in the team's success as we couldn't do it without him. Congratulations to all four of our riders as every one of them won championships this year!" Beta USA president Tim Pilg explains.

The factory off road team will be in Pennsylvania this weekend for the RORR extreme Enduro. EX racer's Kyle Redmond and Max Gerston will use the race as a warm up for the upcoming EnduroX season. Tegan Temple has not committed to the event at presstime and is awaiting results from an MRI on his hand.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.