Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ELIAS & YOSHIMURA SUZUKI WIN UTAH SBK

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@ELIAS & @YOSHIMURA $SUZUKI WIN #UTAH #SBK

Team Suzuki Press Office – June 27.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s Toni Elias scored his fifth MotoAmerica Superbike victory of the season on Saturday in race two at Utah Motorsports Campus during round seven of the nine-round championship as team-mate Roger Hayden also turned in a strong outing, twice earning a spot on the podium with third-place finishes in both races.

Elias got the unique Thursday through Saturday weekend schedule started off on the positive side by earning his first MotoAmerica Superbike pole position of his debut season. He used the power of his Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 to set a blistering 1:49.613 to lead a tightly-knit group at the top heading into Saturday's two races. Elias credited a little help from a friend for his pole.

"I spoke with Carlos Checa who won here many times," Elias said of his fellow Spaniard. "He gave me some advice. He said I would enjoy this track and I am enjoying this track."

Hayden, who qualified third in Superpole, battled for the lead nearly the entire way in both races. He described the exciting conclusion of race two: "The crew made a couple of little changes between races and it was definitely a little better so I have to thank them," Hayden said. "Toni was stronger than me in a couple of spots and I was better in the last section. I wanted to lead the last lap. I got a good run on my GSX-R and almost got under him and Cameron (Beaubier) got by both of us and I lost the front end a little bit on the brakes. It was just a seesaw on the last lap with everyone just going for it. I would have liked to have done better, but we got third today."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.