Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Paulin and Gajser Make Double Honda Podium in UK

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Paulin and @Gajser Make Double #Honda Podium in @UK

Team HRC’s Gautier Paulin joined Honda Gariboldi’s Tim Gajser on the podium at the MXGP of Great Britain today, marking Honda’s third consecutive double-podium. And it was so nearly an all-Honda podium, too.

Gautier Paulin zoomGautier Paulin Tim Gajser, Gautier PaulinzoomTim Gajser, Gautier Paulin
In race one Evgeny Bobryshev was the fast starter, emerging from the first corner in the lead on his CRF450RW. The Russian then set about building a lead for himself of six seconds and the field scrapped behind him. At the midway point it became a Honda vs. Honda battle as Tim Gajser made the pass for second and gave himself clear air and the #777 as a target.

Bobby was strong, and before Tim’s charge had set the fastest lap of the race, but unfortunately in the last ten minutes was forced to change the way he was riding a little, which led to him slightly over-jumping one jump, landing in the ruts and missing the corner, jumping out of the track. He was able to remain upright and quickly re-join, but the episode cost him two positions, and he slipped to fourth by the flag.

Gautier Paulin meanwhile resisted pressure from van Horebeek to maintain what was quite a lonely fifth position, but in race two the Frenchman started strongly and slotted into third, giving him third position overall in the Grand Prix and his second podium of the season.

Gajser took the overall win, whilst Bobby’s fifth in race two put him in fourth overall, and just two points adrift of the podium.

Evgeny BobryshevzoomEvgeny Bobryshev Evgeny BobryshevzoomEvgeny Bobryshev
Honda Comments
Gautier Paulin:
Race Result: 5th, 3rd 3rd Overall“Especially after the French GP, it’s a great way to come back. Yesterday wasn’t my day as I was struggling a little but we worked hard with the team and did a good job to come back really strong today. The qualifying race was pretty terrible for me, but today was another day and we’ve been good all day. The first moto was ok but the second race was good. I spent too much time behind Butron and I used too much of my goggle roll-offs with the conditions, but I’m pleased with third and to be back on the podium again.”Evgeny Bobryshev:
Race Result: 4th, 5th 4th Overall“Honestly I can’t say I’m satisfied with fourth because we could have been on the podium today. From yesterday the feeling was good here and things were working well on this track, and at the start of race one it was great to be out in the lead and running so well. Then we had a few small issues and when I was trying to push behind Tim I over-jumped and missed a corner, jumping out of the track. It’s frustrating as I think a podium was definitely on the cards today. We had the pace for it, but it just didn’t happen.”Roger Harvey:
HRC General Manager - MXGP“I’m really pleased to see Gautier on the podium again, and of course with Tim winning again we took another double Honda podium. And Bobby was so close too. He certainly had the pace and if it wasn’t for losing the two positions in race one, well then who knows but he would have been up there. It’s been a very strong weekend all round as a Honda has topped the sheets in every single session apart from the first practice, so we have to be happy with that!”
Tim GajserzoomTim Gajser

Gajser Takes Win Number Six to Extend Championship Lead

Tim Gajser rode a masterful pair of races at the MXGP of Great Britain today in changeable conditions, chalking up another perfect weekend. The Slovenian won the qualifying race yesterday and both motos today (meaning he’s now won 11 motos this season) to extend his championship lead to 74 points.

In race one Gajser made his mark but only after coming from behind and chasing down fellow Honda rider Evgeny Bobryshev who had built an early lead. Tim slotted into fifth from the start and swiftly moved into fourth on lap one. Five minutes later he passed Cairoli for third, but he had to work harder to pass Guillod for second. At half distance he made his move and set about chasing down Bobby, who was six seconds up the road. Setting fastest lap after fastest lap, he passed the Russian #777 with six minutes remaining to take the first of the day’s victories.

In race two, Tim also cut his way through the field from fourth at the start. The morning’s sun gave way to rain and the temperature dropped markedly, but it didn’t hold the Slovenian up as he chased down Max Nagl, setting the fastest lap of the race again, to take the lead from the midway point.

Honda Comments
Tim Gajser:
Race Result: 1st/1st Championship position: 1st“I’m so happy to win again; it’s such a great feeling! I love this track and I was really enjoying it a lot. The second race was a little sketchy with the rain because the track got really slippery and it was difficult for visibility, but I really enjoyed my riding today – having fun with some nice scrubs and whips. In the past races I was in a rush at the beginning and made some stupid mistakes, but I’m really happy that this weekend I could ride more smart and take another pair of wins for the overall.”Giacomo Gariboldi:
Honda Gariboldi Racing - Team Principal“As Tim says, he rode very cleverly this weekend in conditions, especially in race two, that could easily catch riders out as we saw with some others. He’s just so calm and relaxed and riding so well, and is still always learning and taking things in which is why he just keeps getting better and better. Next we go to really his home race in Mantova, which is the closest round to Slovenia, so I’m expecting even more fans to come out and support him because he is just growing and growing each race.”

2016 FIM MXGP / MX2 World Motocross Championship
Round 11: Matterley Basin – Great Britain

MXGP - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
2 Cairoli, Antonio(KTM)
3 Guillod, Valentin(Yamaha)
4 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
5 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
6 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
18 Ratsep, Priit(Honda)
23 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
24 Krestinov, Gert(Honda)
DNS Graulus, Damon(Honda)

MXGP - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
2 Nagl, Maximilian(Husqvarna)
3 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
4 Desalle, Clement(Kawasaki)
5 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
6 Tixier, Jordi(Kawasaki)
13 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
20 Ratsep, Priit(Honda)
24 Krestinov, Gert(Honda)
DNS Graulus, Damon(Honda)

MX2 - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Herlings, Jeffrey(KTM)
2 Ferrandis, Dylan(Kawasaki)
3 Seewer, Jeremy(Suzuki)
4 Jonass, Pauls(KTM)
5 Mewse, Conrad(Husqvarna)
6 Covington, Thomas(Husqvarna)
17 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)
20 Jacobi, Henry(Honda)

MX2 - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Herlings, Jeffrey(KTM)
2 Ferrandis, Dylan(Kawasaki)
3 Jonass, Pauls(KTM)
4 Anstie, Max(Husqvarna)
5 Seewer, Jeremy(Suzuki)
6 Tonkov, Aleksandr(Yamaha)
8 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)
32 Jacobi, Henry(Honda)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.