Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Tanke Wins Glen Helen 10 hour Iron(wo)man

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Tanke Wins Glen #Helen 10 hour #Iron(wo)man

Paso Robles, CA
For Immediate Release
Beta Factory racer Morgan Tanke (pronounced Tankee) took her Xtrainer 300 to a win at the famous Glen Helen 10 hour endurance race this past weekend held in San Bernardino, California. The young racer from Riverside has been spending many hours aboard her specially prepared Xtrainer 300 and her results showed.

Morgan Tanke and her Beta Xtrainer won the 10 hour! (Photo by Ron Lawson)

Tanke's teammate Ty Cullins put together a team as well and finished 3rd overall and first in the 250 Pro class aboard his 250 RR. The team of Ty Cullins, Jacob Clements, Rory Dotson, and Michael Del Fante had some small issues to overcome however eventually came out with the class win.

Ty Cullins comments, "It was 106 degrees the day of the race so I knew it would be tough. We led the 250 class the all day and jumped between 3rd and 4th overall all afternoon. Our bike worked great and my teammates all had a great race which made for an awesome weekend!"

Michael Del Fante (shown) won the 250 Pro class along with Ty Cullins, Jacob Clements and Rory Dotson (Photo Ron Lawson)

Meanwhile Factory Beta racer Tegan Temple continues to hone his Enduro skills. The young rider from West Chester, Pennsylvania continues to improve his special test times with each round. Last weekend's AMA National was held in Huntersville, Minnesota. This new venue greeted riders with a loamy terrain and many tree roots. Temple rode hard to a 12th place finish in the pro class aboard his Zack Huberty-prepared 250 RR.

Temple explains, "I came into the weekend with a lot of changes to the bike setup. After going the wrong direction at last weekends GNCC we came up with much better settings. The end result didn't show and is not where I want to be, but I got better with every test throughout the day. Just need to keep at it, looking forward to see what I can do at the next one."

Tegan Temple continues to improve his Enduro results (Photo by Shan Moore)

The Beta Trial team was competing in Oregon for Rounds 1 & 2 of the AMA National West Mototrial Championship. The event was a new location and proved to be the toughest trial riders have seen for a few years. Team Expert rider Andreas Niederer finished second on Saturday missing the top podium step by only 3 points. Neiderer rebounded on Sunday with a 24 point lead to win the event while retaining his points lead.

Niederer describes his weekend, "Oregon was a tough weekend. The loop was brutally long, the sections were really difficult. Some of them were just too long for the 90 second time limit. I managed to get 2nd place on Saturday, just missing the top step by 3 points, two of which were time penalty. On Sunday I gave it all I had and finished first with a demanding lead over the rest of the field. My minder Ron Lee did an amazing job this weekend."

Andreas Niederer had 1-2 finishes in Oregon (Photo by Ben Baucum)

Youngster Elliot Key had another successful weekend by winning both days in the Junior class. Key has already clinched the East coast Junior championship and now is looking to do the same out West.

Elliot Key continues to ride his Beta Evo Factory 125 well (Photo by Ben Baucum)

High School class rider Grayson Hertrich dominated both days with 1-1 finishes and a solid points lead headed into this weekends finals in Colorado. Woman rider Sadie Webb also won her class both days and had this to say about the event, "The Oregon national was interesting. The loop was pretty crazy in a few spots and all of the riding was really slick. Overall this weekend wasn't my favorite ride, but it was a great learning experience."

For the first time ever, all of the Beta Factory team riders are leading the points in each of their classes.

Sadie Webb and her Beta 200 in Oregon (Photo by Ben Baucum)

The factory off road team heads to Snowshoe, West Virginia for round 9 of the GNCC series event while the National Trial team finishes the season in Colorado.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.