Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SEEWER FIGHTS TO 6TH IN FRENCH MX2 QUALIFICATION

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#SEEWER FIGHTS TO 6TH IN #FRENCH #MX2 QUALIFICATION
Jun 4th, 2016

Team Suzuki Press Office – June 4.

Jeremy Seewer will place his Team Suzuki World MX2 RM-Z250 into the gate in sixth position for the Grand Prix of France tomorrow as the 21-year-old recovered from an early race crash in the Qualification Heat at St Jean d’Angely and showed promising pace to fight back up the leaderboard.

At the 10th fixture of the FIM Motocross World Championship, Seewer was the sole representative of the factory team as Kevin Strijbos and Ben Townley both convalesce from left wrist injuries.

Bas Vaessen was competing in the fifth outing for the EMX250 European Championship and took his RM-Z250 to seventh place after a mediocre start in the first moto on Saturday.

Seewer is competing at one of his favourite circuits with the hard-pack and rutted hillside venue providing a challenge in terms of speed and some technical turns and sections. The Swiss had a decent getaway but had to avoid Dylan Ferrandis on the first lap and slipped off the #‘91’ machine. From 17th spot, Seewer rode superbly and with some excellent corner speed to reach sixth, whereupon a large gap to fifth halted his progress until the chequered flag.

Said Seewer: “I really like this track and I’m happy with my speed. I was second in Timed Practice and had a pretty good start, but in the section where there is a change between inside and outside lines, I had to move across and just clipped Ferrandis and went down. It was pretty good coming back but I know I need a start tomorrow to think about the podium."

A large crowd enjoyed warm but cloudy conditions at St Jean and a similar climate is predicted for tomorrow.

MX2 Qualification Heat: 1. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), 24:01.517; 2. Dylan Ferrandis (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:10.010; 3. Pauls Jonass (LAT, KTM), +0:18.543; 4. Aleksandr Tonkov (RUS, Yamaha), +0:19.317; 5. Benoit Paturel (FRA, Yamaha), +0:20.304; 6. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, Suzuki World MX2), +0:27.665; 7. Max Anstie (GBR, Husqvarna), +0:39.920; 8. Michele Cervellin (ITA, Honda), +0:45.831; 9. Brian Bogers (NED, KTM), +0:46.152; 10. Calvin Vlaanderen (NED, KTM), +0:52.265.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.