WorldSSP 2016 Jacobsen claims fourth place on the grid after Sepang Superpole Round 6 – Malaysia Sepang International

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WorldSSP 2016 Jacobsen claims fourth place on the grid after Sepang Superpole Round 6 – Malaysia Sepang International

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#WorldSSP 2016 #Jacobsen claims fourth place on the grid after @Sepang Superpole Round 6 – Malaysia Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia

Honda WorldSSP Team’s rider PJ Jacobsen will start tomorrow’s 14-lap sixth-round FIM Supersport World Championship race from the second row of the grid, after finishing fourth in today’s Superpole 2 at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. Last year’s WorldSSP Vice Champion continues on his string of positive qualifying results, having never qualified outside the top-4 so far this year.
Jacobsen logged a 2’08.425 in his last attempt before the end of Superpole 2, coming only 0.015 seconds short of what would have been a front row qualifying. After topping yesterday’s timesheet and finishing second in this morning’s free practice three, the American rider has again showed his skills aboard the Honda CBR600RR #2 machine and he is now looking forward to the Malaysian encounter, which takes place tomorrow at 14:20 local time (GMT +2).

Patrick Jacobsen 2
4th
In Superpole I did a mistake on the last sector of my final lap that cost me the front row; too bad, because I think I was in the condition to go for pole as I have usually been faster than Kenan in the final split. Overall, a fourth place is definitely not bad and I’m looking forward to tomorrow, because I think there is a chance to fight for top honours.
- Honda WorldSSP

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
In Superpole we went for a small change that didn’t work out, so we went back to what we knew was working the right way. PJ did a great job anyway and got on row two for tomorrow. Surely a front row start would have been ideal, but we are not concerned about our grid position and we are definitely confident for tomorrow, because we reckon he can stay with Sofuoglu and Krummenacher.
- Honda WorldSSP
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.