Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Hayden and Van der Mark Complete Italian Round with Two Top-10 Finishes

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Hayden and Van der Mark Complete #Italian Round with Two Top-10 Finishes

The fifth round of the 2016 FIM Superbike World Championship has drawn to a close at Imola’s ‘Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari’, with Honda WorldSBK Team’s Nicky Hayden and Michael van der Mark in 8th and 9th places, respectively, at the end of race two in Italy. The encounter, which took place in dry conditions over the full 19-lap distance, was won by Great Britain’s Chaz Davies.

Michael van der MarkzoomMichael van der Mark Michael van der MarkzoomMichael van der Mark
Hayden got a great start from the third row of the grid and was running sixth before losing three positions at the end of lap one. The experienced American battled hard with Althea BMW’s Jordi Torres and Markus Reiterberger in the middle of the race and, as the laps went by, he consolidated eighth place up to the checkered flag. Michael van der Mark spent the majority of the encounter on the edge of the top 10 and was able to make up a couple of positions in the final laps, crossing the line 1.4secs behind his teammate.

With five rounds completed, Michael van der Mark sits fourth in the championship standings, while Nicky Hayden is seventh. The next round of the World Superbike championship will take place in Malaysia at the Sepang International Circuit on May 13–15.

Honda Rider Comments
Nicky Hayden (Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: 9th / 8th“We made some changes overnight that unfortunately we couldn’t try during the warm up as the track was still partially wet. We decided to keep the settings for the race anyway and the bike was a little bit better; I was able to make the same lap-times as in race one despite using the harder tire, which we had to choose given the lower temperatures compared to yesterday. Maybe it took me a little longer to understand the changes at the beginning and that cost me a bit of time. Overall it has been a difficult weekend; regardless, the team was able to improve the bike over the weekend and I had to learn the track, which in the end wasn’t too difficult. I hope next year we’ll be faster around here and now I’m looking forward to Sepang.”Michael van der Mark (Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: 7th/9th“It’s been a really difficult weekend. It looked like we found the right direction yesterday in Superpole but today we thought that, with a different tire, we would have solved the issues encountered yesterday. Unfortunately during race two I found it really hard to change direction and this meant that I could neither be quick nor build any sort of rhythm. Now we have to look forward to Sepang, which is a completely different track. I’m pretty confident that the team and I will be able to bounce back and score some great results there.”Pieter Breddels (Technical Manager)“We had some adjustments in mind for today and surely, if the conditions were drier this morning, we would have had a clearer indication about them. Michael was able to do a couple of laps with slicks and that gave us a little bit of information, while Nicky stayed out on wet tires. With the new set-up and the different tires used, both riders were able to get the bikes stopped better than yesterday, although this translated into a harder time in changing direction. After losing basically the whole first day while trying to find a set-up with the wrong tires, we had to play catch-up yesterday and today. Now we need to analyze what happened in order to be ready for the next race.”
Nicky HaydenzoomNicky Hayden
Jacobsen Returns to Podium Ways with Third Place at Imola

PJ Jacobsen completed the podium of the fifth-round World Supersport race at Imola’s ‘Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari’. After a great launch from third place on the grid, the young American rider ran as high as second onboard the Honda WorldSSP Team’s CBR600RR machine and was clever to maintain his own pace in the final stages of the encounter, while keeping a decent margin on the five-way battle for fourth place that was raging behind him. With his second podium finish of 2016, Jacobsen is now sixth in the Championship standings, only three points shy of fourth.

The race, which got underway on time at 11:20, was red flagged on lap four after a crash involving Christian Gamarino, whose bike stopped in the middle of the track. One lap before, Krummenacher’s machine started to experience some technical problems; initially unaware of the smoke coming out of this bike, the Swiss rider kept circulating in third place just ahead of Jacobsen, who rode at safe distance to avoid any trouble. After the red flag was deployed, Krummenacher was declared unable to line up for the new 11-lap encounter.

The next race of the 2016 FIM Supersport World Championship will take place at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia in a fortnight’s time.

Patrick JacobsenzoomPatrick Jacobsen Patrick JacobsenzoomPatrick Jacobsen
Honda Rider Comments
Patrick Jacobsen (Honda World Supersport Team)
Race result: 3rd “I’m so happy for today’s podium finish. The feeling I had with the bike was very good and I was able to ride it like I wanted, although unfortunately the dashboard wasn’t working and that made it all the more difficult. The team did a great job this weekend, and this third place is one small way to repay them for their efforts. This is a first step to building back some momentum, and I am now looking forward to racing at Sepang, where last year I got my first World Supersport win. Our focus has to be on one race at the time, without thinking too much of the championship battle.”Pieter Breddels (Technical Manager)
“PJ rode a great race; he was smart to back off after the first start, when Krummenacher’s bike broke down and then, with the restart, he kept a solid pace ad rode home to a podium finish, which is what we needed after the last two rounds. He looked very stable and comfortable onboard the Honda CBR600RR and we are happy with what he was able to achieve today. We take the positives out of the race and look forward to Malaysia, another track where both bike and rider have performed extremely well last year.”

World Superbike and World Supersport 2016
Round 05: Motul – Italy

Superbike Race 1

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati)
2 Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team)
3 Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team)
4 Jordi Torres (Althea BMW Racing Team)
5 Davide Giugliano (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati)
6 Leon Camier (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
7 Michael van der Mark (Honda World Superbike Team)
8 Lorenzo Savadori (IodaRacing Team)
9 Nicky Hayden (Honda World Superbike Team)
10 Xavi Fores (Barni Racing Team)
11 Alex Lowes (Pata Yamaha Official WSBK Team)
12 Matteo Baiocco (VFT Racing)
13 Markus Reiterberger (Althea BMW Racing Team)
14 Joshua Brookes (Milwaukee BMW)
15 Alex De Angelis (IodaRacing Team)

Superbike Race 2

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati)
2 Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team)
3 Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team)
4 Davide Giugliano (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati)
5 Leon Camier (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
6 Alex Lowes (Pata Yamaha Official WSBK Team)
7 Jordi Torres (Althea BMW Racing Team)
8 Nicky Hayden (Honda World Superbike Team)
9 Michael van der Mark (Honda World Superbike Team)
10 Xavi Fores (Barni Racing Team)
11 Lorenzo Savadori (IodaRacing Team)
12 Markus Reiterberger (Althea BMW Racing Team)
13 Joshua Brookes (Milwaukee BMW)
14 Alex De Angelis (IodaRacing Team)
15 Dominic Schmitter (Grillini Racing Team)

Supersport

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki Puccetti Racing)
2 Jules Cluzel (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
3 Patrick Jacobsen (Honda World Supersport Team)
4 Alex Baldolini (Race Department ATK#25)
5 Alessandro Zaccone (San Carlo Team Italia)
6 Lorenzo Zanetti (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
7 Ondrej Jezek (Team GoEleven)
8 Federico Caricasulo (Bardahl Evan Bros. Honda Racing)
9 Ayrton Badovini (Gemar Balloons - Team Lorini)
10 Nicolas Terol (Schmidt Racing)
11 Kyle Smith (CIA Landlord Insurance Honda)
12 Kevin Wahr (Gemar Balloons - Team Lorini)
13 Ilya Mikhalchik (DS Junior Team)
14 Axel Bassani (San Carlo Team Italia)
15 Roberto Rolfo (Team Factory Vamag)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.