WorldSSP 2016 Front row start for Jacobsen and the Honda WorldSSP Team in Italy Round 5 – Italy

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WorldSSP 2016 Front row start for Jacobsen and the Honda WorldSSP Team in Italy Round 5 – Italy

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@WorldSSP 2016 Front row start for @Jacobsen and the @Honda $WorldSSP Team in Italy Round 5 – #Italy
#Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Italy

PJ Jacobsen and the Honda WorldSSP Team will start tomorrow’s fifth-round World Supersport race from the front row of the field, after finishing third in today’s Superpole 2 at Imola’s ‘Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari’. Courtesy of this result, Jacobsen maintains his positive string in qualifying: this year the 22-year-old American has so far never started a race lower than fourth on the grid.
Despite the limited track-time available today – 30 overall minutes equally distributed between FP3 and Superpole 2 – Jacobsen was able to further test his own race rhythm, with a good sequence of competitive lap-times put together by last year’s WorldSSP Vice Champion. With virtually no change made to the settings of bike from yesterday, PJ was able to build speed upon speed aboard his Honda CBR600RR and he is now looking forward to the 17-lap race, which will get underway tomorrow at 11:20 local time (GMT +2).

Patrick Jacobsen 2
3rd / 1'51.535
It’s great to be back on the front row! We worked very hard during the weekend and our race pace is really good, so I’m looking forward to the race now. I hope the weather stays as good as today, not just for us but also for the many fans who will come to watch the race. Our goal is obviously to challenge for the podium and the win and if it rains, we’ll deal with it. I struggled here a little bit over the last two years, but I love the track and it’s really a good one to ride with my Honda CBR600RR.
- Honda WorldSSP

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
We spent the whole morning session working further on our race rhythm, to confirm the good indications we had from yesterday. We were again very fast and consistent, virtually matching Sofuoglu and Cluzel’s pace. We left the bike almost untouched from FP2 and this is a very good sign for us. In qualifying, he was able to put together a great lap and the front row is exactly what we needed, given PJ’s ability to make blazing starts in the race. All in all, I think we are ready to race and to fight for honours.
- Honda WorldSSP
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.