Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI AIMS TO ‘KICK-START’ AT OULTON PARK

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BENNETTS #SUZUKI AIMS TO ‘KICK-START’ AT #OULTON PARK

Team Suzuki Press Office – April 29.

Bennetts Suzuki riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and Tommy Bridewell are looking to kick-start their season this weekend as the MCE British Superbike series heads to Oulton Park for the second round of the championship.

After a successful test at the Cheshire circuit last week, which saw both Kiyonari and Bridewell evaluate a number of different set-up options and components on their GSX-R1000 machines, the team has worked hard at its Lancashire base to study and assess the data, and is looking forward to a strong showing this weekend, starting from the first free practice session.

Kiyonari said: "I am looking forward to this weekend and getting back on my Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000. The first round was a little difficult but there was lots of promise. We had some issues with chatter, which we worked on at the test and we made some good progress. We tried a lot of things and were always posting competitive lap times, so now we are ready to fight at the front this weekend."

Bridewell commented: "The test last week was good; we tried a lot of different things and messed around with the balance of the bike a bit. We put the bike on its nose a bit more, and in the last few minutes of the day we made a really big step with the set-up, so I'm looking forward to picking-up from where we left off this weekend. I'm not a big tester though, I'm more at home when we're out there doing it for real, so I'm looking forward to getting back to it at the weekend."

Bennett's Suzuki Team Owner, Martin Halsall, added: "After the positive day we had at Oulton Park last week everybody's looking forward to getting back there again and going racing. The guys in the team worked really hard both at the test, and then back at base to understand the data they recorded and to come up with a plan for the weekend. The opening round at Silverstone was stead-away, so now we're looking to really kick-start our season."

The second round of the British Superbike Championship takes place at Oulton Park from April 30-May 2nd, with the first free practice session getting underway at 10:10am on Saturday.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.