WorldSSP 2016 Heroic performance by Jacobsen ends in heartache for the Honda WorldSSP Team at Assen Round 4 – The Nether

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WorldSSP 2016 Heroic performance by Jacobsen ends in heartache for the Honda WorldSSP Team at Assen Round 4 – The Nether

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@WorldSSP 2016 Heroic performance by Jacobsen ends in heartache for the @Honda #WorldSSP Team at Assen Round 4 – The Netherlands TT Circuit #Assen, #Netherlands

PJ Jacobsen and the Honda WorldSSP Team go home empty handed after a heroic performance in what was a dramatic and unpredictable World Supersport race at Assen. The race was re-run over just six laps in wet conditions following a stoppage when heavy rain drenched the circuit nine laps after the first start.
The New York-born rider had another great launch from fourth place on the grid in the dry race and, by turn one, he was running in second place. He then set his sights on first and, with a perfect overtaking manoeuvre at turn six on Kenan Sofuoglu, took the lead on lap five. Jacobsen was still at the front of the field on the ninth lap, when the race was red flagged due to sudden heavy rain that began falling on the 4.542km Dutch track. Unfortunately, Jacobsen lost the front of his Honda CBR600RR and ended up in the gravel as the red flag was being deployed.
With just a few minutes available, the Honda WorldSSP team crew did a fine job to get the bike fixed and, only few seconds away from the closure of the pit-lane, Jacobsen was able to get back on track for the sighting lap.
The action resumed for a six-lap sprint race in wet conditions, with Jacobsen running in third during the early stages of the restart. After a moment on the second lap, the 23-year-old American lost some ground but was able to fight back to the front with two laps to go. While in the lead, Jacobsen had another tumble, this time at turn seven, which put an unfortunate early end to his race.
Round five of the 2015 FIM Supersport World Championship will take place at Imola’s Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in a fortnight’s time.

Patrick Jacobsen 2
DNF
I’m really sorry for how the race went in the end, because the team did an amazing job in getting the bike fixed in such a short time to allow me to line up for the restart. It really wasn’t my day, even though I was able to race at the front both in dry and wet conditions. I can’t thank my crew enough and I hope the next round will bring us better luck.
- Honda WorldSSP

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
That was a really hectic race. We couldn’t believe our eyes when on lap nine it started raining and then even hailing. Unfortunately PJ was caught out as he was the first rider to encounter the very wet left-hand corner and he fell, but despite the damage, the guys were able to put the bike back together and everything seemed to be working well. PJ was really comfortable on the bike in the dry and it was clear that our early problems with the rear tyre were in the past. Unfortunately such a promising performance translated into zero points, but we need to keep working hard and I’m sure the results will come soon.
- Honda WorldSSP
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.