Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Race Two Crash Curtails Bobryshev’s Podium Fight

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Race Two #Crash Curtails @Bobryshev’s Podium Fight

Evgeny Bobryshev was fighting for an overall podium at the MXGP of Argentina today, which would have been his second of the season, until a crash in race two put him out of the running and meant that the Russian finished seventh overall.

Evgeny BobryshevzoomEvgeny Bobryshev Tim Gajser, Evgeny BobryshevzoomTim Gajser, Evgeny Bobryshev
In race one, Bobryshev came out of the first turn in fifth, right behind Tim Gajser in fourth. Bobby quickly pressed through the field through, progressing to second as he set the fastest lap of the race. Then ensued a great race-long battle between he and Cairoli, and which Gajser joined at the halfway stage.

As the trio battled for position whilst having to carefully pick their way through traffic, it was ultimately Tim who ended up ahead in third, whilst Bobby took fourth at the flag.

In race two, Bobby again started well and was fourth by turn two, making the move into third by the second lap. Settling into third, which would have given him a fighting chance of an overall podium, unfortunately he crashed upon the landing of a jump. Climbing aboard his CRF450RW once more, he persisted to finish 12th, but feeling battered and bruised.

He’ll have five days of rest and recovery now before the next race at the MXGP of Mexico next weekend.

Tim GajserzoomTim Gajser Tim GajserzoomTim Gajser
Faultless Gajser Takes Victory in Argentina

Tim Gajser took a stunning victory at the MXGP of Argentina today, making it his second victory from four races in his debut season, and meaning that he has not finished off the podium with the CRF450RW in 2016.

Starting from pole, Tim Gajser emerged from the first corner of race one in fourth but then, uncharacteristically for the MX2 World Champion, slid to sixth on the opening lap. Regrouping, he mounted a comeback to pass Glenn Coldenhoff and Clement Desalle and catch the battle for second between Team HRC’s Evgeny Bobryshev and Antonio Cairoli. With seven minutes to go the Slovenian had passed both and was in second, but a last push from Cairoli with three laps to go meant that he took the flag in third.

Race two was a much more dominant affair, with the Slovenian claiming the holeshot, setting the fastest lap and never looking back as he ran away from the pack to victory. Victory today means that just three points separate Gajser from regaining the red plate as the championship leader.

In MX2, Jorge Zaragoza had a tentative warm-up after injuring his knee in the qualifying race yesterday but, after painkillers and ice treatment, was in better shape for race one. Starting from 20th, he made a good jump from the gate and was into the top six entering turn until he got closed out on the exit. Emerging in tenth, the Spaniard dropped to 12th before climbing back inside the top ten, taking the flag in ninth.

In race two Zaragoza made a good start from the outside but then got pushed wide upon exit and lost position. Reaching 14th midway on the opening lap, he got caught up in the crash of another rider which demoted him to 21st. He regrouped and pushed to the flag, making passes right up until the final lap to take the flag in 12th.

The next race takes place just next weekend as the second of the South American back-to-back pairing takes the paddock to Mexico.

Jorge ZaragozazoomJorge Zaragoza
Honda Comments
Tim Gajser:
Race Result: 3rd, 1st 1st Overall“I’m really happy with the whole weekend – yesterday I won my first qualification race in MXGP, and then today was good, especially the second race. I was really pumped about the win in the qualification race, and even though I wasn’t so happy with the first race, the second race was amazing. In race one I didn’t have the best start, but then I passed many riders and finished third even though I made a little mistake. Then in the second heat I took the holeshot and lead all the race, controlling it from the front which was just incredible and I’m just so happy for the whole team. It’s a great feeling!”Evgeny Bobryshev:
Race Result:4th, 12th 7th overall“I was pretty pleased after the first race as my pace was good and I had the fastest lap, but I just had a bit of arm pump at the end which slowed me down a bit. But then I had a big crash in the second race so I’m very disappointed. I feel very sore all over from the crash because it was pretty heavy, on the landing of a jump, so I was in pain to finish the race. So now I must just rest and hope that I feel less bruised and sore for Mexico.”Jorge Zaragoza:
Race Result: 9th, 12th 12th Overall“In the end this weekend was quite ok because yesterday I had a big crash and had a lot of pain in my knee, and this morning I wasn’t expecting to be in the top ten like in race one. In the second race I had a problem with a guy that crashed in front of me, but anyway I think my riding was ok because I could come back to twelve making passes right up to the last lap. I had some pain in my knee still the whole time, but it was ok for me to manage that and I’m pretty pleased with this weekend overall.”Roger Harvey:HRC General Manager - MXGP“It’s a real shame for Bobby today – very disappointing. With the way he was riding, he should have been top three or four, and that’s what he was fighting for before the crash. It was coming together nicely, but then just a few mistakes and that was it. It was quite a big crash and it knocked him about a bit, but although he’s very sore, there’s no big damage fortunately.
“Over on the other side with the Gariboldi team, Tim had a fantastic weekend again and rode very well right from the start. He rode well in the first race with a bit of traffic, and then in the second he took all the pressure thrown at him and controlled the race to take a brilliant victory so big congratulations to him and all the team.”
Giacomo Gariboldi: Team Principal“That was a performance typical of Tim today! His whole weekend has been very good, from his qualifying win yesterday and then the victory today, so we are very pleased. He fought hard in race one to make positions, and then controlled the second race very well. Four podiums, including two wins, from four races in his MXGP debut season is really quite incredible. For Jorge, we thought the injury to the knee yesterday would be ok today, and although it still caused him some pain he could ride through it to finish inside the top ten in race one. He would have done the same in race two as well but he was involved in another rider’s crash, but still we can see him moving forward with each race.”

2016 FIM MXGP / MX2 World Motocross Championship
Round 01: Neuquén – Argentina

MXGP - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Nagl, Maximilian(Husqvarna)
2 Cairoli, Antonio(KTM)
3 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
4 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
5 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
6 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
15 Lenoir, Steven(Honda)
17 Yamamoto, Kei(Honda)
18 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
21 Carranza, Nicolas(Honda)
22 Villar, Demian(Honda)
24 Quintanilla, Leonardo(Honda)
26 Tudor, Raczo(Honda)
29 Landa, Rodrigo Jose(Honda)
30 Carbajal, Jhonatan(Honda)

MXGP - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
2 Cairoli, Antonio(KTM)
3 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
4 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
5 Nagl, Maximilian(Husqvarna)
6 Coldenhoff, Glenn(KTM)
12 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
14 Lenoir, Steven(Honda)
15 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
17 Yamamoto, Kei(Honda)
20 Carranza, Nicolas(Honda)
22 Villar, Demian(Honda)
23 Landa, Rodrigo Jose(Honda)
24 Tudor, Raczo(Honda)
25 Carbajal, Jhonatan(Honda)

MX2 - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Herlings, Jeffrey(KTM)
2 Anstie, Max(Husqvarna)
3 Tonkov, Aleksandr(Yamaha)
4 Seewer, Jeremy(Suzuki)
5 Bernardini, Samuele(TM)
6 Petrov, Petar(Kawasaki)
9 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)
12 Graulus, Damon(Honda)
15 Jacobi, Henry(Honda)
20 Vasquez, Javier(Honda)
23 Toya, Igniacio(Honda)

MX2 - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Herlings, Jeffrey(KTM)
2 Seewer, Jeremy(Suzuki)
3 Tonkov, Aleksandr(Yamaha)
4 Jonass, Pauls(KTM)
5 Paturel, Benoit(Yamaha)
6 Bernardini, Samuele(TM)
12 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)
14 Jacobi, Henry(Honda)
17 Vasquez, Javier(Honda)
18 Graulus, Damon(Honda)
19 Toya, Igniacio(Honda)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.