WorldSBK 2016 - Great anticipation for Honda WorldSBK Team’s home round at Assen Round 4 – The Netherlands

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WorldSBK 2016 - Great anticipation for Honda WorldSBK Team’s home round at Assen Round 4 – The Netherlands

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@WorldSBK 2016 - Great anticipation for @Honda #WorldSBK Team’s home round at #Assen Round 4 – The #Netherlands
TT Circuit Assen, Netherlands

The Honda WorldSBK Team has arrived at the TT Circuit Assen, the venue hosting the fourth round of the 2016 FIM Superbike World Championship this weekend. This is the home event for the Dutch squad led by Ronald ten Kate, as well as Michael van der Mark, who took a double podium in front of his home crowd last season and won his first WorldSSP race at Assen back in 2014. The other half of the team’s WorldSBK rider line-up, Nicky Hayden, has been racing at this track for the past thirteen years; he was able to secure a race win here in 2006, the year of his MotoGP title-winning campaign.
The TT Circuit Assen has always been extremely kind to the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade machine, which came out on top nine times since 2004. Therefore, after a difficult performance at Spain’s MotorLand Aragón two weekends ago, both Michael van der Mark and Nicky Hayden are hoping to bounce back to the front of the field and challenge for top honours.
Prior to the race weekend, both riders attended the annual Ten Kate Pit Stop Day event at Ten Kate’s HQ in Nieuwleusen – located just 50km northeast of the TT Circuit Assen – last Saturday, and were warmly welcomed by a huge crowd of fans and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Michael van der Mark 60
I’m looking forward to race again at Assen and to receive a great welcome by the Dutch fans, who are always very supportive towards me and the team. Assen is undoubtedly a very special place and it’s such a great track to be racing on. Last year we did very well and that resulted in a double podium, so this year I’m eager to do my very best once again; I’m sure we have everything we need to be back at the sharp end and to put the last round behind us.
- Honda WorldSBK

Nicky Hayden 69
I’m really excited to be racing at Assen, it’s the home track for the team and I was told we will get a great amount of support from the local fans. It’s a great track and one of the most important venues in the history of motorcycle racing. There are some very fast corners and, obviously, the last chicane is crucial for the outcome of the race. I’m looking forward to getting on track and see what kind of weather Assen will have in store for us. Hopefully we can have a strong weekend and put Aragón’s issues behind us.
- Honda WorldSBK

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
Aragón didn’t go as planned of course, but we are now looking forward to our home race at Assen and we’re confident to be back near the front of the field. We have analysed the data from the last round and we are aware of what hasn’t gone right, so we’re ready for a fresh start on a track that has already given us so many happy memories. Both Michael and Nicky have done well here before, so I see no reason why we cannot fight for the podium this weekend.
- Honda WorldSBK
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.