Zero Motorcycles To Race The 100th Anniversary Of The Pikes Peak International Hillclimb

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Zero Motorcycles To Race The 100th Anniversary Of The Pikes Peak International Hillclimb

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Zero Motorcycles To Race The 100th Anniversary Of The #PikesPeak International #Hillclimb

Zero and Hollywood Electrics Racing return to Pikes Peak to continue their Production Electric Motorcycle Winning Streak in 2016
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., April 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zero Motorcycles, the global leader in the electric motorcycle industry, today announced that it's teaming with Hollywood Electrics to enter the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC). The team departs for Colorado Springs, Colorado, on June 26, with two race-prepped Zero FXS motorcycles to be piloted by stars Jake Holden (#59) and Mark Miller (#10). The Hollywood Electrics Racing team returns as the three-time Electric Production Class winner to defend titles from 2013, 2014 and 2015.
A Pikes Peak rookie, Mark Miller arrives with an extensive résumé that includes the "Fastest Lap by an American at the Isle of Man TT." In addition to 11 years of Isle of Man TT racing with one first and three podium finishes, Mark has competed in the Macau Grand Prix 16 times and has finished on the podium 20 times (one win) in AMA Pro National Road Racing. "I'm super super stoked to be taking on the mountain with Hollywood Electrics and Zero Motorcycles," says Miller. "I've always wanted to race Pikes Peak and I can't think of a cooler motorcycle to race up that beautiful vista than one with no noise or vibration. WHOOSH!"
Jake Holden returns to Pikes Peak after a two-year hiatus, having finished second in his class and third overall at the 2013 PPIHC, his rookie year. Holden has an impressive list of accolades with the AMA including three wins and countless podiums spanning various classes and bikes. "I'm really excited to join Hollywood Electrics on their Zero FXS electric motorcycle," said Holden. "With the data I got from the 2013 race, I feel confident that I can improve."
Holden and Miller have been gearing up for the "Race to the Clouds" on all new Zero FXS race-prepped machines debuting exclusive performance parts by Hollywood Electrics. The bikes boast an incredible 70 ft-lb of torque yet weigh under 300 pounds. Made in Santa Cruz, California, these electric motorcycles are able to deliver consistent performance at any altitude, unaffected by the thin air that wreaks havoc on the fuel mixture of their internal combustion powered counterparts.
"We're proud to be sponsoring Hollywood Electric's entry at the 100th Anniversary of the legendary Pikes Peak International Hill Climb and building on our winning track record," said Scot Harden, VP of Global Marketing for Zero Motorcycles. "As the three-time defending production electric motorcycle class winner, we've proven we know what it takes to win. 2016 gives us another opportunity to showcase our amazing technology. With their phenomenal torque and acceleration, Zero electric motorcycles are ideally suited to the Race to the Clouds."
"We've been laying the groundwork for this day since we first conceived of an electric motorcycle racing team," said Team Owner Harlan Flagg of Hollywood Electrics Racing. "We're confident that Zero Motorcycles will again show they're the leading force on the course, and handling your everyday riding needs."
The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, brought to you by Gran Turismo, began in 1916. This year marks the 100th Anniversary and 94th Running of the "Race to the Clouds," the second oldest motorsports race in America. The PPIHC is a long-standing tradition in the Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak regions. It takes place on a 12.42-mile course beginning at 9,390 feet, with 156 turns, and ending at the 14,115-foot summit.
About Zero Motorcycles
Zero Motorcycles is committed to transforming the motorcycling experience by bringing to market highly innovative electric motorcycles that offer exceptional value and performance. Zero is powered by innovation, driven by passion, guided by integrity and measured by results. Through extensive research, insight and experience, Zero combines the art and science of motorcycle development to create and manufacture products that excite consumers and inspire brand loyalty. Every model is designed and built in California. Zero is determined to be the preeminent global electric motorcycle company.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.