Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI GEARED UP FOR SILVERSTONE BSB

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BENNETTS $SUZUKI GEARED UP FOR #SILVERSTONE $BSB

Team Suzuki Press Office – April 8.

The Bennetts Suzuki team is all set for the opening round of the 2016 MCE British Superbike Championship at Silverstone this weekend.

The team has enjoyed a positive pre-season, with new riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and Tommy Bridewell immediately settling in and gelling with their GSX-R1000 machines.

Both riders and the team have worked hard during testing to evaluate a multitude of set-up options and various components, in order to be in the best position possible to challenge at the front when the racing starts this weekend.

Kiyonari said: “We have had a good pre-season with testing, but now I am excited to be racing. I’m enjoying riding my bike and everyone in the team is working well, and we had two good tests at Silverstone and Donington last week. We’re still working on a few things but we were strong here at the test without pushing for an outright lap time, so I am feeling positive for the weekend and we will be looking for a good result to start the season.”

Bridewell said: “I’m looking forward to going racing now. Testing has been good and I’ve felt comfortable on the bike and clicked with the team really well, but I’m ready to start doing it for real now. We were working on improving some bits and pieces still at Donington, but we’re in a good position for the opening round and I think we can be competitive. I feel good, the bike’s good and the team is capable, so we’re looking for a good showing this weekend.”

Team Owner Martin Halsall added: “Testing is important, but the reason we do this is to go racing, and everyone in the team is itching to get going this weekend. We’re in our second year with the proven GSX-R1000 and we know what it’s capable of, and we know it can be at the front of a very competitive BSB field. Last season was a bit more of a development year as we got to grips with the bike, but we showed our potential at Silverstone last year with a front row start. This year, with the help of Yoshimura, we’ve further developed our package and we can’t wait for the racing to get started.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.