Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Burson Pounces

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Burson Pounces

Round 3 of the AMA National West Hare Scrambles was held this past weekend in Gorman, California. The event featured a stacked pro class with the three Purvines/Beta team riders prepped and ready.

Nick Burson led the way coming around the first loop with a 18 second lead over the field with teammate Axel Pearson in 6th. Pearson would climb his way up to 4th for the day and Burson would win the race in dominate fashion by more than three minutes aboard his Beta 480 RR. 250 Pro class racer Damon Bush would have his best finish in the series with 4th in 250 Pro.

Nick Burson left Gorman with the win and the points lead (photo by Kato)

Burson describes his race. "Sunday morning came early as the starting position is first come first serve. I got my bike down there early and was first in line. This would give me 1st gate pick and I could line up all the way inside. When the flag waived I didn't get the best jump. But with being so far inside I was able to sneak around the inside and come out about 5th or 6th place. I knew I needed to get to the front quick before we headed to the off road section. About halfway around the track I had made it into the lead. I tried to just push and keep the pace high but not make any mistakes as well. I wanted to try and get a gap early so I could ride a comfortable pace the rest of the race. I had been sick coming into the weekend and wasn't sure how long I would have energy for. I opened up a pretty big gap so when I got gas for the last time they told me I had a few minute lead. The last lap I just rode mistake free and brought home the win! It felt great to get back on the top step of the podium and take over the points lead!"

The pro class was stacked for round three (photo by Kato)

Purvines team manager Collin Woolsey was equally pleased, "This is a great position for Nick to be in headed to the middle part of the season where the race courses head out to the faster areas that play to his strengths. Nick is taking it one race at a time and concentrating on staying on the podium for the remainder of the season. Axel that got the great jump which put him in 3rd coming into the MX track The position would be short lived as Axel would climb to 2nd during the first half of the lap, only to slide out and drop back to 6th. He found his rhythm and was able to move up a couple spots eventually finishing 4th place on the day."

The Beta Factory team raced round two of the AMA National Enduro series with Jesse Groemm sitting third in points going in. The New Jersey racer had a difficult day and ended up finishing in seventh. Teammate Tegan Temple finished 19th overall which is solid considering this is his rookie season in the class.

Jesse Groemm had an off day but is still very active in the points chase. (photo by Shan Moore)
"Alabama was a tough weekend for me, the course was muddy, tight, yet fun. Lapped riders were an issue in the tight stuff and I struggled in some sections. My 250 RR worked great and I'm looking forward to putting this race behind me and Charging at the steel creek GNCC in two weeks.
A huge thanks to Beta USA, my mechanic Jeff Pasqua, Fly racing, Arai helmets, Sidi boots, Scott goggles, and all our great sponsors, Groemm explains."

Tegan Temple continues improve his Enduro Technique. (Photo by Shan Moore)

At press time, Jesse Groemm was told by the NEPG that he was disqualified from the event due to going the wrong direction in a transfer section. Thinking he missed the start, he turned around after seeing another rider doing the same only to hit another rider coming the other way. The decision will be reviewed under the appeal process. If stands, this would mark the first Pro rider to ever be disqualified in a National Enduro.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.