Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Green rider ‘catches’ new Guinness World Record

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team Green #rider ‘catches’ new #Guinness World Record

Kawasaki stunt rider and Team Green member, Lee Bowers, has made his way into the record books as part of a project by NatWest – ‘World’s Fastest Interception’. Intercepting a rugby ball while standing on the modified tank of his Kawasaki, the video shows Lee successfully catching the ball at a speed of over 50mph to set a new Guinness World Record.
Forming the record-breaking trio, current UK and Ireland motorcycle stunt champion, Bowers joined up with rugby world cup winner Lewis Moody and world record stunt driver Terry Grant for the rugby world record challenge. The event and video was organised by NatWest, the largest retail and commercial bank in the United Kingdom.
A beaming Bowers is then seen wheeling his machine after catching the ball and drifting his way over the touchline – made from fire.

Talking about his achievement, Lee said: “It was so fantastic to be involved in something like this – I can honestly say I’d never done anything like it. When there were no cameras rolling then we could do it, but it’s when everything is added into the equation – the cameras, the guy adjudicating from Guinness World Records – I’m used to performing in front of large crowds but I felt the pressure.”
Marketing and Brand Development Manager, Mark Spiller, said: “We love working with Lee – he’s immensely talented and is a credit to the motorcycle industry. To team up with other athletes and stunt drivers to achieve a Guinness World Records is brilliant and something we know he is proud of. For most people – myself included – the ability to stand on a motorcycle tank while travelling 25mph would be daring enough!”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.