WSS 2016 Hard-earned podium finish for Jacobsen in spectacular Thai WorldSSP race

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WSS 2016 Hard-earned podium finish for Jacobsen in spectacular Thai WorldSSP race

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@WSS 2016 Hard-earned podium finish for #Jacobsen in spectacular #Thai #WorldSSP race
Round 2 – Thailand
Chang International Circuit, Thailand

PJ Jacobsen and the Honda WorldSSP Team have taken their maiden podium finish of the season at the end of an enthralling, 17-lap race at the Chang International Circuit in Thailand. With the second round of the season over, the 22-year-old American and Honda move up to second place in the riders’ and manufacturers’ standings, respectively.
Jacobsen got the perfect start off fourth place on the grid aboard his Honda CBR600RR as he dived with great confidence into turn one to take the lead. He then pushed hard to maintain his position, despite some fierce competition from Cluzel. In the closing stages of the race, Jacobsen did his utmost to stay at the front of the field, eventually running slightly wide at turn five on the penultimate lap. He then found himself in the middle of the factory Kawasaki duo of Sofuoglu and Krummenacher, exchanging positions with the reigning Champion much to the crowd’s delight.
The three riders crossed the line within four tenths of a second of each other, with Jacobsen claiming third place at the chequered flag.
The next round of the 2016 FIM Supersport World Championship takes place at MotorLand Aragón circuit in Spain on April 1-3.

Patrick Jacobsen 2
3rd
I didn’t want to walk out of here with a third place trophy, I wanted to win. We were able to lead almost the entire race but at the very end it was really hard to stop and get the bike turning, so I could not attack as hard as I’d wanted to. I’m happy with second place in the standings and we’ll make sure to find that extra bit for Aragon in order to give our very best up to the very last corner.
- Honda WorldSSP

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
In this morning’s warm up we tried few changes to the bike that worked out pretty well. PJ’s fastest lap was clearly a good sign for the race. He had an incredible start from fourth place and rode a heroic race, refusing to give up even in the last corners, when it was clear that he had some difficulties. Of course we all wanted to win, especially after leading for the vast majority of the race, but we’re happy with the improvements and with the second place in the championship.
- Honda WorldSSP
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.