Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI CONCLUDES SPANISH TESTING

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BENNETTS #SUZUKI CONCLUDES #SPANISH TESTING

Team Suzuki Press Office – March 11.

The Bennetts Suzuki British Superbike Team has concluded its Spanish testing programme following a four-day test at Cartagena and three-day outing at Guadix.

Cartagena was the first opportunity for riders Tommy Bridewell and Ryuichi Kiyonari to really get to grips with their GSX-R1000 machines, while Guadix gave the team a further opportunity to test a variety of components and set-up options ahead of the final two pre-season tests at Silverstone and Donington Park.

Despite the cold conditions during the final three days of testing, Bridewell and Kiyonari put in plenty of laps to continue their preparations for the 2016 MCE British Superbike season and assess the direction they needed to head in with the bikes' development, as well as continuing to get themselves sharp and focused ahead of the season-opener next month.

Tommy Bridewell:

“Guadix was another good few days' testing. We worked on more stuff but we were hampered a little bit by the cold conditions and it was difficult to set a bike up properly. But we made the best of it and did a lot of work, and we could still try lots of different things. I think we did the most laps out of anyone there. My GSX-R really feels like mine now, and the recipe is there for a strong season. If conditions are good at Silverstone we’ll probably look to work on a race set-up, but it’s still a test and we’ll be treating it as one.”

Ryuichi Kiyonari:

“I have enjoyed our time out in Spain and everyone has worked hard to prepare for this season. Cartagena was the first time I really had chance to ride the bike, so I spent a lot of time just riding, getting comfortable and getting sharp; and then we tried some different set-up options. At Guadix I tried some different components; different swingarms, different shocks, and we did lots of laps to understand how certain changes affect the bike, and what direction to go in when we are back in the UK.”

Martin Halsall - Bennetts Suzuki Team Owner:

“After a good four days at Cartagena we had another good test at Guadix. It could have been better and the cold didn’t do us any favours, but rather than sit in the garage and moan about it, everyone in the team still worked hard to try different things and gather more information and data ahead of the season. These two tests in Spain have been the first times both Tommy and Kiyo have been able to properly assess the bikes, and they have been two very positive tests. We’ll now go over all of the data and prepare for the final two tests before we go racing next month.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.