Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Temple & Groemm Finish 2nd & 4th

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Temple & @Groemm Finish 2nd & 4th

The 2016 GNCC (Grand National Cross Country) championship kicked off this past weekend in Florida. The event has a reputation as being one of the toughest with the Florida sand turning the course into a "Whoopfest."

Beta Factory racers Jesse Groemm and Tegan Temple have been training and testing on their 250 RR two strokes and it would show in the final results with Temple finishing second while Jesse Groemm ended up 4th after being 74th on the first lap.

Temple explains, "I kicked off my GNCC season this weekend at the Wild Boar in Florida. After a long off-season of hard work it was nice to see it pay off and be able to take 2nd in the XC2 pro class. I started out around 4th and was able to make my way into the lead and held it until the halfway mark when I collided with a lapped rider that dropped me back. I battled with Craig Delong for second and was able to pull away the last lap to secure 2nd and 12th overall."

Tegan Temple on his Factory Beta 250 RR at the Start of Round 1

Jesse Groemm had a race that did not go his way in the beginning. The young rider from New Jersey clipped a downed rider at the start and found he snapped his shift lever off. Groemm remounted with a fresh shifter in 74th position after lap one. He put his head down for the next few laps picking off riders one by one eventually finishing just off the box in 4th. An amazing comeback to say the least.

Jesse Groemm went from 74th, to 4th.

"The kick off of the GNCC series wasn't a easy one, Florida is the toughest, and roughest track of the series, sand whoops for 3 hours ! It was even tougher because I broke my shifter due to a rider going down in front of me, I had to go back to the pits and get it changed loosing 7 minutes getting back on the track in 74th overall, I was able to put on a charge with my 250 RR, she was eating up the florida sand I Finished 14th overall and 4th in XC2 58 secs behind third. I cant wait for the Georgia GNCC next weekend A huge thanks to Beta USA, my mechanic Jeff Pasqua, team manager Zack Huberty, Fly racing, Aria helmets, Sidi boots and all our other great sponsors !" Groemm Comments.

The Beta team is in a good position for the series so far with Temple 2nd and Groemm 4th in series points headed into round two this weekend in Georgia.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.