Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TOWNLEY TO RACE AT QATAR MXGP OPENER

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@TOWNLEY TO RACE AT @QATAR #MXGP OPENER

Team Suzuki Press Office – February 19.

Team Suzuki World MXGP rider Ben Townley is confirmed to race at the opening round of the 2016 MXGP World Championship at Qatar at the end of the month, after sustaining a knee injury in the international race of Valance last weekend.

“I twisted my knee in the Super Final and it didn’t feel good so I decided to retire from the race,” said Townley. After a small check up, he was advised to give his body time to rest and not ride for a couple of days. “I’m going to ride Monday and Tuesday again to prepare for the MXGP of Qatar,” Townely added.

The Kiwi is looking forward to Qatar. “ I’ve been preparing myself for over nine months now. I started at that time to be ready, if I had the opportunity to race again that I got. I’m very much looking forward to lining-up at the start and just race,” Townley said. “I don’t have any expectations, Stefan and I have discussed this a lot and my personal goal is to get the best possible starts I can, and that I can ride within myself so I can build up from there on.”

General Manager Stefan Everts is also pleased with Townley being given the go-ahead to race. “I’m happy that it was only a minor injury. Now we can have the whole MXGP team in Qatar. We have a great new race set-up and I’m excited to start the season,” said Everts.

The MXGP season will kick off at Losail International Circuit in Qatar on February 27th.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.