Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Burson is Second at WHS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Burson is Second at @WHS

Round two of the highly contested AMA West Hare Scramble Championship was this past weekend at the world-famous "Ramblers Camp" just outside of Coalinga, California. This location hosted the Quicksilver National Enduro in year's past and has a reputation of being one of the most technical venues in the country. Purvine Racing's Nick Burson proved to be a major contender in the tight stuff by finishing seconds behind the leader. The race was marred with controversy as it was later discovered that the winner of the event bypassed the Pro pits and did not have to slow down through the 5 mph zone during pit stops. The AMA is reviewing the results.

Nick Burson turned some heads aboard his Beta 300 RR (photo by Kato)

A frustrated Burson comments, "When the flag dropped I was 2nd behind Ian Blythe. I was really happy to be in the position that I was but wanted in the front. I rode right behind him struggling with the dust most of the first lap. Finally I had an opening down a rocky downhill. I got on the gas hard and made the pass. From here I would lead all the way until the end of lap 3 where I needed to stop for goggles. I got goggles and gas and took off. He just beat me out of the pits and now I was in his dust. I struggled in his dust and lost some time. I was expecting to get the white flag and put one more last lap charge in and try and get the lead back but there wasn't a white flag, just the checkers. I was really happy with my finish as its my best finish on the year and I finally got on the podium in a tree race. What I am not happy about is after the race I learned that Blythe pitted before the main pits. What this means is that he didn't have to come into the normal pit lane and go slow. I am not sure why he chose to pit in a completely different place then the rest of the competition. It makes a huge difference because now I'll never now if the time he made up by not coming into the normal puts cost me the win or not. The club chose to not do anything about this so now we have an appeal going to AMA. The main concern here is safety. You can't have someone stopping on course getting fuel and putting everyone else in danger. By the club allowing this to happen is a blatant disregard to everyone's safety. I hope it gets worked out but in the end I am still really happy with the way I rode."
Purvine's Axel Pearson also had a strong finish after coming from 15th place after the first lap. Also aboard a 300 RR two stroke, Pearson put down some of the fastest laps of the event and finished in 9th position.

Axel Pearson had to come through the dust all day finishing 9th. (photo by Kato)

The Beta Factory Team riders Jesse Groemm and Tegan Temple signed up for the Full Gas Sprint Enduro held in Gaston, South Carolina. The two racers are using the events as a warm up for the upcoming GNCC series that starts in three weeks. Groemm continues to impress as the New Jersey racer finished the weekend in 4th place, less than 50 seconds off the leader. Teammate Tegan Temple finished 16th.

Jesse Groemm and his 250 RR at speed. (photo by Shan Moore)

The team's next events are round one of the GNCC series held in Florida on March 6th.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.