Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Burson finishes on the Podium

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Burson finishes on the #Podium

Purvines #Racing's Nick Burson finished round 1 of the @AMA National Hare & Hound championship in third place. The desert veteran had to push through the dust after a bad start. He eventually lead the race at one point. Burson was aboard his new 2016 Beta 480 RR EFI.
Nick Burson- "The starting banner twitched and my bike fired immediately. Problem was the banner only twitched and didn't drop. I had to kill my bike and when I did the banner dropped. I was left sitting on the line trying to start my bike. I got it fired but was well behind the competition. I kind of just pinned it down the start through the bushes passing people. When we finally got over the first hill and on some normal trails I was probably about 13th or 14th. I made some quick passes and then we hit the first valley crossing. I felt super comfortable and just held it pinned passing 4 or 5 guys moving me up to 2nd overall. I was really comfortable with the pace and pushed all the way up to the leader Ricky Brabec. I finally made the move on him and was in the lead!! From there the loop got technical. It was littered with a bunch of loose rock. I found myself really struggling and with the fear of hitting the ground and losing a lot of positions I backed it down. I lost two spots and ended up in 3rd.
All in all it was a good day and a good start to the series!! Looking forward to the next round already!!

Nick Burson aboard his new fuel injected 480 RR

Burson's teammate Axel Pearson had an off day starting in 30th position after the smoke bomb. Also aboard his new 480 RR, Pearson fought hard after a crash eventually finishing the day in 10th.
Axel Pearson- "I crashed into the soft sand wash! I then got up and was mad so I pushed hard and passed the few guys who got by me back! I passed up to 7th or 8th and was following Justin Morgan until I clipped a small rock with my rear tire and it sent me sideways into some bigger rocks! It was a pretty good crash and I didn't get up too fast! I had jammed my thumb pretty good and I was struggling grabbing the throttle! I then rode a few miles and tried to pin it again but I was struggling holding on! I came in the pits around 10th and the last loop I rode as hard as I could but struggled in the fast choppy valleys! So it was a rough day for me but we'll heal up and be ready for the next one!"

The calm before the storm

Team newcomer Damon Bush had an off day after a bad crash in the technical section ending his hopes for a win in the 250 Pro class. Bush raced his Collin Woolsey prepped 250 RR two stroke to an 8th place finish.

Damon Bush got into a fight with some Johnson Valley rocks and lost
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.