Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

FROST & SUZUKI GSX-R DOMINATE TIMARU SUPERBIKES

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

FROST & #SUZUKI #GSX-R DOMINATE @TIMARU #SUPERBIKES

Team Suzuki Press Office – January 26.

Suzuki’s Sloan Frost strengthened his grip on the New Zealand Superbike Championship with two race wins at the third round at Levels Raceway near Timaru at the weekend.

The 34-year-old now leads the series by 43 points over John Ross, who is locked in a battle with nine-times former Superbike Champion Andrew Stroud; all three riders competing on virtually identical Suzuki GSX-R1000 machinery.

Said Frost: “Just a small change in temperature can make such a big difference with regards to tyre choice and it was really just a matter of getting that right. After that I rode my own race, checking my pit board each lap and staying in front.

“There are four races to go at the final round and I'm feeling confident. That's my strongest track but there is still 100 points up for grabs, so it's not done and dusted yet. I need to ride smart.”

Ross twice finished runner-up to Frost on Sunday and that was enough for him to leapfrog back past Stroud, who finished fourth both times on Sunday. Stroud was beaten to the finish line by Tony Rees in race one on Sunday, while Scott Moir took the third spot in race two.

Moir, aboard his Suzuki GSX-R1000, remains fourth in the overall championship standings, just 17 points behind Stroud.

The riders now have more than a month to re-gather their thoughts and re-tune their motorcycles as they prepare for the fourth and final round of the New Zealand Superbike Championships at Hampton Downs, near Meremere, on March 5-6th.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.