ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING'S JASON ANDERSON FINISHES 5TH AT SAN DIEGO SX

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING'S JASON ANDERSON FINISHES 5TH AT SAN DIEGO SX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@ROCKSTAR ENERGY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING'S JASON ANDERSON FINISHES 5TH AT SAN DIEGO SX

ZACH OSBORNE FINISHES 6TH IN 250SX

Hot on the heels of a historic victory at last week’s season opener at Anaheim’s Angel Stadium, the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team arrived at this week’s race in San Diego with a plan to keep success at the forefront. This was a task easily accomplished with a heat race win coming from Zach Osborne in the 250SX West class, and a fifth-place finish from Jason Anderson in 450SX.

Jason Anderson had the eye of the tiger coming into the second round of the series, held at San Diego’s Petco Park, after last week’s exciting win in which he earned a place in history as the first-ever Husqvarna rider to win a 450SX main event. Armed with the red plate, he quickly transferred to the main after finishing in qualifying position in the second 450 heat, where we saw a glimpse of the aggressive drive he would display in the main. In the main, Anderson pulled a mid-pack start, but was immediately on the move. The riders in the front of the pack were wheel-to-wheel as Anderson started putting pressure on the top 10. He made the pass for fifth by the fifth lap, and continued to charge forward aboard his Husqvarna FC 450. He started sizing up the top-four by lap seven, and started reeling in a podium position with five laps to go. He made an impressive pass for third with four laps to go, and held strong to the finish. Unfortunately, Anderson was later penalized by race officials for mistakenly jumping during a red cross flag. The two-position penalty dropped Anderson to fifth. He is currently second overall in 450SX rider point standings.

“I didn’t have the best gate pick in the main,” said Anderson, “but I worked with what I had. It actually wasn’t that bad. I just had to push through. I came out ninth or so and ended up third before getting docked so I’m happy. The track was pretty simple, but it was hard to pass on. I had a little double before the finish that I was hitting pretty good so I made up some time there. I made a little contact with Seely. The corners were pretty flat so there wasn’t much grip to go anywhere, which made it hard to make a pass.”

Zach Osborne, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s sole 250 rider on the west coast, was in prime position to put himself in the lead in championship points this weekend. With only five points separating himself at third from the overall lead, he knew he had to focus on the task at hand and take advantage of the short gap between third and first. He was looking to start the night in dominant fashion as he got a good start in his heat and made an impressive corner pass in lap three to overtake the lead aboard his Husqvarna FC 250. He held strong to the finish and claimed a heat race win. In the main, Osborne got a top-ten start and was looking aggressive. He moved up to the second-place spot by lap two before overtaking the lead after an exciting pass in the whoops in lap six. He eventually conceded the spot with four laps to go, but was still fighting and swapping positions for the lead before losing traction and going down while coming out of a turn with two laps to go. The sixth-place finish would cause him to move from third to fourth overall in points.

“I had great speed all day and won my heat race again this weekend,” said Osborne. “I was really close to winning the main event but slid out on lap 13 and ended up with a 6th. I can’t be too bummed, though, because I was close and think a win is in sight.”

Christophe Pourcel showed flashes of brilliance in the first 450 heat before eventually being forced to qualify for the main via the 450 semi where he finished fourth. In the main, Pourcel pulled a top-ten and made his way to fourth before eventually finishing 13th.

“My practice was good, as usual,” said Pourcel. “I had speed. It proves I can run in front. I got a good start and learned a lot. I followed the top guys, but got passed a lot. They were a little more aggressive that I was, but I just have to be patient and keep pushing. I can learn a lot this year, which is great for me. The speed is there, but it’s been five years since I raced supercross. I just need to race a little more with the rest of the guys and get more aggressive.”

San Diego Supercross Results:

250SX West Main Event
1. Cooper Webb
2. Joey Savatgy
3. Jordon Smith

6. Zach Osborne – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

250SX West Rider Point Standings:
1. Cooper Webb – 50 points
2. Jordon Smith – 36 points
3. Joey Savatgy – 35 points
4. Zach Osborne – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 35 points
5. James Decotis – 31 points
6. Colt Nichols – 30 points
7. Alex Martin – 25 points
8. Kyle Peters – 25 points
9. Jessy Nelson – 22 points
10. Christian Craig – 22 points

450SX Main Event
1. Ryan Dungey
2. Chad Reed
3. Cole Seely

5. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

13. Christophe Pourcel- Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450SX Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 47 points
2. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 41 points
3. Cole Seely – 40 points
4. Chad Reed – 37 points
5. Eli Tomac – 34 points
6. Ken Roczen – 31 points
7. Trey Canard – 28 points
8. Jacob Weimer – 22 points
9. Davi Millsaps – 22 points
10. Justin Brayton – 22 points

15. Christophe Pourcel – 11 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.