Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

AMA Pro Flat Track Champions Test Resurfaced Taree Track

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@AMA Pro Flat #Track Champions Test Resurfaced @Taree Track

PAMPOOLAH, NSW, AUSTRAILIA (Jan. 14, 2016) - AMA Pro Flat Track Champions Brad Baker and Jake Johnson got their first look at Taree Motorcycle Club's newly resurfaced track today during a shakedown ahead of this Saturday's Motul, Pirelli Troy Bayliss Classic presented by Insure My Ride, Garden Master and Shark Helmets.

The Americans, who both arrived in Australia earlier this week, were joined on track by four-time Long Track World Champion Joonas Kylmakorpi and British Supermoto Champion Chris Hodgson for their first practice on the oil-based track.

Baker praised the Taree Motorcycle Club for the preparation of the track.

"Practice at Taree was a lot of fun today," said Baker. "It was a little different from what I was expecting which for me was a good thing.

"It was different to all the other oil tracks I have ridden on. The consistency of the surface was incredible so you could ride like it was a normal dirt track.

"My motorcycle is working and running great. I can't thank Boardstix Motorsport enough for helping me get everything set up.

"I also want to give a huge thanks to Troy Bayliss and the City of Taree for organizing such an awesome event. I am really looking forward to racing on Saturday," Baker continued.

Johnson, who is a two-time Grand National Champion said the track would instigate some close racing.

"The track was great, it is smooth, fast and technical," said Johnson. "There's going to be some great racing.

"I can't wait until Saturday to battle it out with riders from all over the globe at the Troy Bayliss Classic."

Today was the first time the track has been ridden on since it underwent a series of upgrades. The international riders joined event organiser Troy Bayliss and Member for Myall Lakes Stephen Bromhead to officially reopen the iconic venue.

Other improvements aimed at enhancing the experience for event-goers include a new PA system, new canteen and a 300 capacity temporary grandstand that will be located near the canteen. Tickets to the grandstand will cost $15.00 and will only be available for purchase on the day.

Visitors to the event will be able to browse a range of displays and due to public demand, this year's Troy Bayliss Classic merchandise will include t-shirts, caps, and stubby coolers.

The event, which will be held at Taree Motorcycle Club on Saturday 16 January is also supported by Coates Hire and Ixon.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.