Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Purvines Dominates the Parker 250

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Purvines Dominates the #Parker 250

The @BetaUSA supported Purvines Race team started their season with a win at the Best in the Desert Parker 250 held in Parker, Arizona this past weekend. The two man team of Nick Burson and Axel Pearson led the way in the Pro class aboard their Collin Woolsey-prepped Beta 480 RR. The conditions were as good as it gets with wet dirt which kept dust down to a minimum. The two jumped into the lead early and never looked back winning the race by more than 10 minutes.

Nick Burson describes his race as team owner Ron Purvines looks on on

Nick Burson- "The course was super fun this year with all the rain that has been in the area. Our Purvines racing Beta was running flawlessly and working great. I brought the bike in to the main pit where axel took over and we had around a 3-minute gap on 2nd place. Axel rode great and brought the bike back to me with no issues. We had planned on doing a tire change after Axel got off the bike but as we started to put the bike on the stand we noticed our Kenda Washougal tire was still holding up better then we could of excepted. We got gas and I took off. I knew we had a pretty good gap as you can see a lot of the course from where we were pitted. Axel put another 3 minutes on 2nd place and now all the hard work was done. My last lap I just had fun with the course and enjoyed the race!"

Axel Pearson at speed adding another three minutes to the team's lead

Axel Pearson- "We are excited to start the 2016 race season off with a win at the Best in the Desert Parker 250! We've been working hard, our Beta 480 ran and handled like a champ and the Kenda tires hooked up perfectly! Nick and myself made no mistakes and dominated the race winning by over 11 minutes! We are ready to keep the momentum going through the 2016 season!"

The team also had two racers entered in the Open Expert class. Jeremy Purvines and teammate Curtis Bradley won their class and even more impressive, finished 4th overall. The two also race a specially prepared 480 RR.

The team of Jeremy Purvines and Curtis Bradley Won the Open Expert

Purvines Racing's next race is this weekend in Sacramento for Round 1 of the AMA National Hare Scramble championship. Beta USA is also sending their Factory team rider Kyle Redmond to the event.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.