Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Reed Races To Victory As Reardon Closes In On ASX Championship

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Reed Races To Victory As Reardon Closes In On ASX Championship

The inaugural running of the Aus-X Open in front of a capacity crowd at All Phones Arena, Sydney, saw Yamaha mounted Chad Reed race to a popular victory while CDR Yamaha's Dan Reardon is just a handful of point away from securing the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship after an enthralling nights racing.

There was no question the night belonged to Reed and the crowd roared their approval every time he hit the track. He qualified comfortably through to the 20 lap main event and with a perfectly timed start, he instantly took control of the final.

He led the field out of the first turn and was never headed as he showed the kind of skill and speed that has seen him race to world and US championships during an illustrious career. He continued to stretch his lead during the middle stages of the race and then rode sensibly home to take the race win with a trademark Nac that had the crowd in full voice cheering their approval.

"The last time I raced here was in 2002, so it's been a while and it's so good to see so many people turn out to watch supercross again in Australia," Reed said. "The atmosphere has been amazing all night and I thank the people of Sydney for turning up and hope they enjoyed the racing.

"Thank you to the promoters of the event as well as Yamaha Australia and CDR Yamaha for their assistance. I had a blast working with them and it brings back lots of great memories of my time here," Reed ends.

While Reed may have won the night, it was Daniel Reardon that really gained the most in what has been a battle of attrition throughout the series. After four rounds, Reardon and Matt Moss have been locked in battle for championship honours with just 10 points separating the pair entering the Aus-X Open round.

Reardon again came up with the goods to take an impressive third place finish in the in event, behind us imports, Reed and Gavin Faith. Combine his good points haul with a DNF from rival Moss and Reardon is now well clear in the championship chase and just needs to finish inside the top 10 at the final event in Melbourne next week to secure the 2015 Australian SX1 Championship.

"I got off to a great start in the heat tonight and had a confidence boosting win. I thinks it's important to set a good tone early at events like this and it also gives you a good gate pick for the main event.

"Because of the indoor style track, there were no pit boards allowed so I really didn't know what was going on behind me and things were pretty hectic in the opening laps of the final. It wasn't until I saw Matt had crashed and not re-entering the race that I knew what had happened.

"Thirds not great, but it's just what I needed for the championship so my goal is to keep doing what I'm doing and finish the last round strongly," Reardon ends.

Kade Mosig posted a seventh place finish in the star-studded field but with the DNF from Moss, Mosig has now leap-frogged his way into second place in the championship with one round remaining.

The fast improving Victorian was in the thick of the action all night, mixing it up with the big guns from the US and the result has Mosig locked in a battle for second place in the championship with Moss as the tour heads for Melbourne this weekend.

"I didn't ride as well as I wanted to but I managed to get through the night and improve my position in the championship so it wasn't all bad," Mosig explains. "I have nine points on Matt so I still need to ensure I race well in Melbourne and being a home town race, I would love to get a win in front of my friends and family," end concludes.

Round Five Results - Sydney
SX1
1st Chad Reed (Yamaha YZ450F)
2nd Gavin Faith
3rd Dan Reardon (CDR Yamaha)
4th Cooper Webb (Yamaha YZ450F)
5th Daniel McCoy (Yamaha YZ450F)
6th Lawson Bopping (Yamaha YZ450F)
7th Kade Mosig (CDR Yamaha YZ450F)
8th Kale Makeham
9th Cheyne Boyd (Yamaha YZ450F)
10th Luke Styke

Championship Standings - One Round Remaining (Unofficial)
1st Daniel Reardon - 167 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Kade Mosig - 136 (CDR Yamaha)
3rd Matt Moss - 127
4th Lawson Bopping - 124
5th Daniel McCoy - 118
6th Gavin Faith - 109
7th Adam Monea - 107
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.