Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

REARDON AND MOSIG CHARGE TO CDR YAMAHA 1-3 AT J2

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@REARDON AND @MOSIG CHARGE TO #CDR @YAMAHA 1-3 AT J2

The powerhouse CDR Yamaha team of Dan Reardon and Kade Mosig rocketed to a 1-3 finish respectively in the 20 lap main event at round four of the Australian Supercross Championship at the Jimboomba X Stadium, on Saturday Night.

On a balmy November night that really tested the fitness of the riders, Reardon consolidated his lead in the premier SX1 after another dominating performance that saw him take control on the opening lap of the final and ride off to his third consecutive win of the season.

The final shaped up to be a barn-burner with Reardon and arch rival Matt Moss battling for the race lead on the opening lap. The pair swapped positions in every turn then just as the crowd anticipated 20 laps of bar banging from the duo, they entered the turn after the finish line and Moss went down leaving Reardon to ride off to victory.

"The track was so tough tonight," Reardon said on the podium. "The dirt was hard and finding traction was difficult so you had to ride with precision and with a lot of throttle control.

"The opening lap with Matt was pretty exciting and it was a shame he went down. I was on the outside and he had to ride through the loose marbles on the inside as we came into the turn after the finish and I assume he just lost the front wheel because it was so hard to control the bike when you went off the racing line.

"The CDR Yamaha team did a great job tonight and the bike was awesome. With Kade and myself up here with a 1-3 result is great for the team and for Yamaha," Reardon signed off.

Kade Mosig continued his impressive supercross season with another podium performance at Jimboomba last night. Mosig was up front early in the final and moved into second when Moss went down, trying to latch onto team mate, Dan Reardon.

Reardon broke clear and it was a lonely ride for Mosig for most of the final until the later stages of the event when Matt Moss recovered from his fall and was on the rear wheel of Mosig and the pair battled over second place. Mosig put up a good fight but was unable to hold Moss off in the closing laps and had to settle for third place.

"I was trying so hard to stay in second," Mosig stated. "I saw Matt edging up so I tried to put in some fast laps there to keep him at bay but the track was so slippery that it was easy to override it and actually go slower.

"It's good to get up here on the podium again and I was able to make a few extra points over fourth. Thank you to the Jimboomba crowd for coming out tonight and dealing with the heat this afternoon, it was uncomfortable for everyone so it was awesome they came out to support supercross. Scott Bannan does an amazing job promoting this event and the riders love coming here, so we look forward to seeing everyone here again next year," Mosig ends.

Reardon and Mosig sit first and third in the championship with two rounds remaining in the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship. Next weekend will see the series head undercover to All Phones Arena in Sydney where international superstar, Chad Reed will join Reardon and Mosig under the CDR Yamaha awning for his one of special appearance in Australia this year.

The final round of the championship takes place at Knights Stadium in Melbourne on December five.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.