HARLEY-DAVIDSON WRECKING CREW RIDER JARED MEES WINS 2015 AMA GNC1 FLAT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HARLEY-DAVIDSON WRECKING CREW RIDER JARED MEES WINS 2015 AMA GNC1 FLAT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HARLEY-DAVIDSON WRECKING CREW #RIDER @JARED MEES WINS 2015 @AMA #GNC1 FLAT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP

LAS VEGAS (November 21, 2015) – Consistent and tenacious to the end, Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle® Wrecking Crew rider Jared Mees is champion of the 2015 AMA Pro Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines flat track series. Mees, the defending GNC1 champion, finished third at the AMA Pro Flat Track Season Finale at Orleans Arena to secure his third AMA Grand National title in four years.

“It’s awesome to get this championship,” said Mees, who rode a Rogers Racing Las Vegas H-D/Blue Springs H-D Harley-Davidson® XR750 motorcycle in the Grand National twins events. “Last year when I won it, I said that one meant the most to me. But now here I am and it just gets sweeter and sweeter every year. Thanks to Harley-Davidson and everyone at Rogers Racing for putting me on a fast motorcycle all season.”

Mees came to the AMA Finale with a seven-point lead over Bryan Smith, with Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle® Wrecking Crew rider Kenny Coolbeth Jr. just 20 points back in third place. Mees clinched the championship when Smith and Coolbeth did not qualify for the main on the Orleans Arena short track.

Mees emerged as champion through consistent performance on the track. The 29-year-old racer from Clio, Mich., had a single victory in 2015 but notched nine podiums and only twice in 13 races failed to finish out of the top 10. Mees also won the Grand National championship in 2012 and 2014. Mees began racing as an AMA Expert in 2003 and has won 16 times in Grand National competition.

“Harley-Davidson congratulates Jared Mees on becoming a deserving three-time champion,” said Kris Schoonover, Harley-Davidson Racing Manager. “And a huge thanks to all of the Harley-Davidson racers who made this one of the most thrilling Grand National seasons in memory.”

Mees wrapped up the season with 204 points. Smith was second with 181 points, followed by Briggs Auto/Harley-Davidson rider Sammy Halbert, who finished fourth in the AMA Finale and scored 172 points. Coolbeth, who raced a Zanotti Racing Harley-Davidson® XR750 motorcycle, finished the season in fourth place with 169 points.

Harley-Davidson will be back as a sponsor of the AMA Pro GNC1 series in 2016, and will field Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle® Factory Team rider Brad Baker in all of the twins races.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.