Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HILL TAKES J2 VICTORY FOR GYTR YAMAHA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HILL TAKES J2 #VICTORY FOR @GYTR @YAMAHA

Jordan Hill made a triumphant return to racing from injury, winning the SXD class at round four of the Australian Supercross Championship, held at Jimboomba in Queensland, over the weekend.

Just four weeks ago, Hill fell heavily during training and was unable to compete at round three in Adelaide but a quick test ride on the Thursday leading up to the Jimboomba event saw Hill ready to face the starting gate with modest expectations.

Contesting the two, 10 lap finals in the SXD class, Hill rocketed off the gate and into the early lead in the first final. He was looking good out front until he made a mistake in the whoops and sand section, spearing off the track and allowing team mate, Mitch Evans, by and into the lead.

Hill regathered himself and consolidated his second place as Evans inched away in the closing stages to take the win, with Hill following in second in a GYTR Yamaha 1-2 finish.

Race two and Hill was again into the lead in the early going but was challenged by Trent Wheatley. The pair traded positions for seven laps before Hill finally got the upper hand and rode off to victory.

His 2-1 results earned him the round win, his first in professional racing.

"How cool is this?" Hill states on the podium. "My goal tonight was to just try and get through the racing safely as I'm still a bit sore and aim for a podium if possible, so to win it is awesome.

"I had a quick ride on Thursday and I felt ok so I knew I would be able to get around but the heat today really took it out of me and I struggled a bit during the afternoon sessions. I was pretty pumped when it cooled off as night came.

"It was a shame I missed the Adelaide round so I have no chance of winning the championship but I will keep working hard and aim to win the final round in Melbourne," Hill ends.

It was a mixed night for team mate Mitch Evans, who has seriously stepped up his supercross speed since the opening round. Evans was on rails in the afternoon sessions, clocking the fastest laps of the class and taking a comfortable win in the first final.

But disaster struck in final two. After a poor start and an early race mishap, Evans was charging through the field and already made his way into third place when he mistimed a jump, accidently hit the rear brake as he took off from the following jump and went over the handlebars as he flew through the air. It was a nasty fall.

The crash damaged the bike making it impossible to finish the race. The DNF now means Evans has lost his championship lead and trails by 11 points with just one round to go.

"I felt really good all afternoon and really wanted to dominate tonight after a tough weekend in Adelaide at the last round. I was jumping through the combo section on the back straight when I clipped the top of the third jump and it pushed my body weight forward where I fell onto the rear brake and it sent me in a nose dive as I took off from the next jump.

"I have a pretty big hole in my leg as it must have got caught on the handlebars or something. It's stitched up now and I'm sore, but I should be right to go for Melbourne.

"I'm now 11 points down but I can't do much about it now, all I can do is win at the final round and see what happens behind me," Evans said.

The SXD class next hits the track at the final round of the championship in Melbourne on December five at Knights Stadium.

Round Four Results - Jimboomba
SXD
1st Jordan Hill (GYTR Yamaha)
2nd Trent Wheatley
3rd Lachlan Holroyd
4th Brock McCleary
5th Toby Stevens

Championship Standings - One round Remaining (Unofficial)
1st Brock McCleary -176
2nd Mitch Evans - 165 (GYTR Yamaha)
3rd Lachlan Holroyd - 156
4th Toby Stevens - 156
5th Trent Wheatley - 150
6th Jordan Hill - 131 (GYTR Yamaha)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.