Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Axel Pearson gets his first win!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Axel @Pearson gets his first win!

The final round of the AMA West Coast Hare Scramble championship was held in Searchlight, Nevada. The event started late which meant some riders would finish after dark. Purvine Racing's Nick Burson had a commanding lead until lap four when he hit a large rock and destroyed his radiator and eventually his engine ending his hopes for the win. Burson's teammate Axel Pearson put his head down and clicked off some stunning laps moving him from fourth to first claiming his first Hare Scrambles victory!

Nick Burson and Axel Pearson finished the season 3rd and 4th in championship points respectively.

The Beta Factory squad was busy in the West doing battle in Boise, Idaho for round eight of the Geico Endurocross championship. Riders were greeted with a technical and jumpy track which featured a log pit that created havoc for most of the racers.

Kyle Redmond started his evening with a second place in the Hot laps and a heat race win transferring straight to the main event. Redmond's teammate Max Gerston followed right behind in the heat race as well as Beta youngster Ty Cullins, both transferring into the main.

Kyle Redmond on his way to a heat race win. Photo by Drew Ruiz

Redmond finished 5th in the main event after running as high as 3rd. The Californian collided with Mike Brown knocking him back a couple of spots at the end of the race. Max Gerston clicked off consistent lap times avoiding most of the log pit carnage in route to a solid 6th place in the Main event while Ty Cullins was just outside the top ten in 11th.

"I had a bad start in my heat race but I was able to get through the firewood clean and get past a lot of riders. On the first lap I was in 5th and I was able to stay consistent and work my way up to 3rd and transfer to the main. I made some mistakes and had a few crashes in the main event but I was able to get 11th place for the second race in a row and make up some points on the riders ahead of me." Cullins explains.
Beta Factory rider Morgan Tanke led part of the race but fell victim of the log pit and could never recover. The racer from Riverside, California had this to say about her race, "I was able to get into the lead quickly and had a solid couple of laps. The firewood pit was claiming riders all night and unfortunately I was one of them. I made a bad line choice while passing a lapped rider and couldn't recover from it. I can't wait for the next round in Ontario, CA to redeem myself."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.