Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Evans Maintains SXD Series Lead

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Evans Maintains @SXD Series Lead

@GYTR @Yamaha's Mitch Evans continues to carry the SXD (u19) points leaders red plate into the next round after finishing in second place during an eventful night at the Wayviile Showgrounds, in Adelaide.

With a thumb injury sustained during the week, Evans rode with gritted teeth throughout the night to keep his championship aspirations on track but it wasn't without incident.

The SXD class runs a two final format and despite a fall in final one whilst running second and a terrible start in final two, Evans was able to rebound well from both hiccups to finish with 3-3 results and his consistency took him to second for the night.

After dominating the previous round with a 1-1 score card, Evans now sits eight points clear of his nearest rivals with two rounds to go in the championship.

"Tonight was just a case of getting through as safely as possible as my thumb wasn't so good after crashing during the week," Evans explains.

"I made it hard for myself all night as I wasn't getting great starts and then when I was up the front, I crashed and had to get back passed some riders and with only seven laps, the race goes by pretty quick.

"But it's good to be on the podium again and with three weeks until the next round at Jimboomba, hopefully I should be back to 100% and ready to go," he ends.

Unfortunately, team mate Jordan Hill was unable to compete on the weekend after a fall leading up to the event that left him battered and bruised both inside and out. Hill is looking at returning at the next round at Jimboomba in Queensland depending on how his injuries progress over the coming weeks.

Round three Results - Adelaide
SXD
1st Brock McCleary
2nd Mitch Evans (Yamaha YZ250F)
3rd Trent Wheatley
4th Toby Stevens
5th Kaleb Barrum

Championship Standings (unofficial)
1st Mitch Evans - 130 (GYTR Yamaha)
2nd Brock McCleary - 122
3rd Kaleb Barrum - 107
4th Toby Stevens - 105
5th Trent Wheatley - 88
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.