Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SCHWANTZ GRAND MARSHAL AT SUPERPRESTIGIO OF AMERICAS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@SCHWANTZ GRAND MARSHAL AT @SUPERPRESTIGIO OF #AMERICAS

Team Suzuki Press Office – November 2.

Suzuki’s 1993 World 500cc GP Champion Kevin Schwantz has been named as Grand Marshal for the 2015 Superprestigio of the Americas event at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, USA on November 21st.

Schwantz will be on hand to meet with fans and sign autographs and is also scheduled to take a few hot laps of honour around the indoor short track.

The Flat Track race, which will also feature Yoshimura Suzuki’s superbike rider Roger Hayden, will bring together motorcycle racers from different disciplines to race on the same track that will host the 2015 AMA Pro Flat Track Final the night before in this exciting season-ending doubleheader. The Friday and Saturday night races will be the centerpiece of a full weekend of exiting activities, including the 2015 AMA Pro Flat Track Awards Banquet scheduled for Sunday, November 22nd at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

Said Schwantz: “I’m honoured to be asked to be a part of the Superprestigio of the Americas. I’ve always been a flat track fan and even had the opportunity to do a little flat track racing in my career. I can tell you these riders are some of the most talented motorcycle racers in the world and it’s great to bring together all these riders from different areas of motorcycling to compete together in this exciting and unique event.”

SMI President Steve McLaughlin added: “We are greatly honored to have Kevin, one of the most iconic motorcycle racers in America, as part of the inaugural Superprestigio of the Americas. We’re privileged to honour him as Grand Marshal and we think it will be a great opportunity for our fans to get an opportunity to interact with Kevin.”

Schwantz came out of Texas and quickly rocketed to prominence as one of America’s best road racers during the mid-1980s. By the late 1980s Schwantz moved to international competition in the 500cc Grand Prix World Championships. He was a perennial top rider in that series and won the world championship in 1993. During his Grand Prix racing career, Schwantz racked up 25 career 500cc GP victories.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.