Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Reardon Reigns Supreme in Adelaide

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Reardon Reigns Supreme in @Adelaide

@CDR Yamaha's Dan Reardon won a pulsating 20lap main event at round three of the Australia Supercross Championship, held at the picturesque Wayville Showgrounds in Adelaide on Saturday Night.

In front of a vocal crowd who haven't seen a national supercross in some time, Reardon turned back the clock and produced the race of the season so far to overcome some spirited rivals, a bike stall and a challenging track to earn the applause of the crowd to take the race win and increase his lead in the championship.

As the premier SX1 (450cc) blasted off, Reardon slotted into second spot the early going and began apply pressure to race leader, Adam Monea. He soon swooped past Monea and took control of the race and looked to be on his way to victory.

But in an instant, the race was turned on its head when Reardon stalled his bike and let Monea and arch rival, Matt Moss, past and suddenly, with Brett Metcalfe and Kade Mosig right there, it became a race in five and with plenty of laps remaining, there was no clear favourite.

Reardon again passed Monea and moved to the rear wheel of Moss with five laps to go and the pair began to battle. The lead changed several times before Reardon finally got the upper hand and again hit the lead but the twists and turns weren't over as Brett Metcalfe put in a huge charge in the final laps to also pass Moss and claw his way to the rear tyre of Reardon.

But Reardon showed his class and poise under pressure to ride a faultless final lap and take the race win just bike lengths ahead of Metcalfe in a race that will long be remembered.

"How cool was that?" Reardon offers at the end of the main event. "It's been a while since we have had a main event like that where five riders could win it and it was still up for grabs on the final lap. I could hear the crowd the whole time and with Metty being a South Australian, it made for an awesome atmosphere to race in.

"This one means a lot as it wasn't a gift, I had to earn it over some really talented riders and for the full length of the race. This is the reason why we put in the yard work and I'm so happy it paid off tonight.

"Thank you to the people of Adelaide for coming and making such a great event and also to the CDR Yamaha team as we have the best bike on the track at the moment and things have really come together lately," Reardon ends.

Team mate Kade Mosig made it a good night for the CDR Yamaha team with an impressive fourth place finish on the night to consolidate third place in the standings.

Mosig hung tough the entire 20 laps and put in a huge effort in the final few laps to pass Monea and slot into fourth and within view of the race lead. The top five riders finished on the same straight and the speed out front was red hot.

"While I always aim to win, tonight was a good race for me and another step in the right direction. Every round I have improved and tonight was the closest I have been to the lead group and if I can just hold my own in the opening laps when the hustle and bustle is on, I think I will make the podium.

"It was also good that I was able to get past Adam at the end of the race and show my fitness is right where it needs to be and I'm good for the full 20 laps.

"My mechanic Mike and the whole CDR Yamaha team have put in a huge effort for this supercross championship, so thank you to my team and our sponsors," Mosig ends.

The championship picks back up again on November 21 as the series returns to Jimboomba for round four of what is becoming an exciting championship battle for the Australian Supercross crown.

Round three Results - Adelaide
SX1
1st Daniel Reardon (Yamaha YZ450F)
2nd Brett Metcalfe
3rd Matt Moss
4th Kade Mosig (Yamaha YZ450F)
5th Adam Monea
6th Lawson Bopping
7th Daniel McCoy
8th Luke Styke
9th James Booth- Elliot
10th Danny Ham

Championship Standings - After Round Four (unofficial)
1st Daniel Reardon - 102 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Matt Moss - 95
3rd Kade Mosig - 82 (CDR Yamaha)
4th Adam Monea - 79
5th Lawson Bopping - 73
6th Daniel McCoy - 68
7th Luke Styke - 68
8th Danny Ham - 56
9th Kirk Gibbs - 54
10th Gavin Faith - 54
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.