Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Jarod Vanderkooi locks up 2015 Saddlemen Rookie of the Year Award

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarod @Vanderkooi locks up 2015 #Saddlemen #Rookie of the Year Award

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Oct. 26, 2015) - Jarod Vanderkooi etched his name in AMA Pro Flat Track history by earning the 2015 Saddlemen Rookie of the Year Award after putting together a stellar season competing in the elite Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines class.

The $5,000 Saddlemen Rookie of the Year Award is given to the rookie rider who earns the most points in Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines competition throughout the course of each season, and Vanderkooi will officially receive the award at the 2015 AMA Pro Flat Track Awards Banquet scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 22 at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. In previous seasons, Brad Baker, Briar Bauman and several other AMA Pro Flat Track riders have earned the prestigious Saddlemen Rookie of the Year Award.

"It means a lot to win the Saddlemen Rookie of the Year Award," said Vanderkooi. "Our goal coming into this season was to finish inside the top ten in as many races as possible and to win this award. To have it wrapped up before the season ended is really cool and it definitely means a lot to me and my team."

Of the 12 main events so far this season, Vanderkooi has qualified for 10 of them, and his 37-point lead over second-best rookie rider Dominic Colindres is insurmountable to overcome with only one round left in the season.

Vanderkooi got his first taste of Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines competition at the Daytona doubleheader back in March when he finished 14th and 16th to start the season, and after failing to qualify for two of the following three main events at Springfield and Lima, it appeared he was going through some of the common growing pains that most rookie riders struggle with during their first seasons at the highest level of competition.

However, Vanderkooi's "growing pains" didn't last long, as he has qualified for every main event since those two early mishaps and the 17-year-old rookie is looking more and more like a seasoned veteran each time he takes to the track.

As good as the Mt. Gilead, Ohio native has been this year, he has been nothing short of amazing over the course of the last three rounds. Many people would argue that he is tenfold the rider now than he was seven months ago when he suited up for Daytona, and his two top 5's at Charlotte and Delmar are evidence that he is getting acclimated to Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines competition quite nicely.

"My team and I are just learning the bikes a lot more after each round that passes," said Vanderkooi. "Earlier in the year, we didn't know the best setup for our gearing and suspension, but now that we have figured out what works best, I am doing better in the races. We've really gotten it down the past few rounds, I think that is the biggest reason for my success. The biggest difference I'd say between GNC2 and GNC1 is that the GNC1 guys really get off the line quickly. As soon as the lights go green, everybody is going all out. I love it up here and I'm excited to see what the future holds."

Vanderkooi will be gunning for his third top-five performance next month when the stars of the sport gather in Las Vegas for the Flat Track Finale at the Orleans Arena on Nov. 20. Also, since he won the 2015 Saddlemen Rookie of the Year Award, Vanderkooi has been added to the roster for the inaugural running of the Superprestigio of the Americas.

The Superprestigio of the Americas will bring together leading motorcycle racers from various motorcycle-racing disciplines from around the world to compete head to head with the stars of AMA Pro Flat Track on a specially-designed indoor short track at the Orleans Hotel & gambling in Las Vegas on Nov. 21, 2015. For tickets and information, please visit http://www.superprestigio.com.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.