Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Green continues E1 domination with A4DE class victory

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Green continues E1 domination with @A4DE class victory

@Active8 @Yamaha's Josh Green has completed a sensational 2015 season on his Yamaha WR250F, taking the E1 win at the Australian Four Day Enduro (A4DE) when the final motocross moto was wrapped up on Saturday afternoon.

Green can now add the A4DE victory to his AORC success that saw him win all 12 rounds of the championship and clearly show that he and the WR250F are the class of the field.

The Active8 Yamaha rider took a handy lead into the final day after winning the opening three days of the event and rode a well-constructed race to finish second and claim the 2015 E1 A4DE championship.

That speed across all four days saw him finish the event in fifth place outright and right in the shadows of Australia's off road heavy hitters and on a bike that was 200 to 250cc down on his rivals.

"Winning the E1 class at the A4DE was a great way to finish off an awesome year with the Active8 Yamaha team and the WR250F," Green said. "I have really enjoyed riding the smaller capacity bike this year and I think it's helped my riding on a range of different surfaces.

"We experienced a range of different riding this week as the first couple of days were wet and slippery and it was like riding on ice after the overnight rain we had. The last couple of days were good and it was awesome to just get out there and hold it on.

"Yamaha have done a great job with the 250F and the Active8 Yamaha team kept her rolling along all week, so thank you to our team and our sponsors for such great support," Green ends.

Unfortunately, things didn't pan out quite so well for team mate, Beau Ralston. Ralston was right in the heat of battle after the first couple of days but a navigational error and a missed check point meant he lost valuable time on day three and effectively any hope of a top result.

Whilst Ralston continued to the finish and raced well through the final special tests, the 28 minute penalty left him well done the field.

"I missed an arrow on day three that went into a check point and then continued down the next trail," Ralston begins. "It wasn't until I caught the lead sweeps that I realized something was wrong and I had missed a check point. I feel pretty bad as the team and I had worked so hard to get a good result here and it was something so simple that cost us."

Active8 Yamaha team manager, AJ Roberts experienced all kinds of emotions throughout the week as his team battled their way through four challenging days.

"From a bike point of view, it was a pretty simple week for us. The WR250F and YZ450F proved to be bullet proof all week and we had no major issues at all. Unfortunately, Beau had that issue on day three and we tried to take it to a jury meeting to get his time back but that didn't happen and, as a result, the time penalty stood taking way his top three result in E2 and top 10 Outright.

"Josh had a great week in what has been a really good 2015 for him. He has pretty much won everything he has entered on his 250 this year and that kind of success doesn't come without hard work.

"Thank you to the event organizers on a great event and to our sponsors and helpers who continue to believe in what we do," AJ ends.

2015 A4DE Final Standings
OUTRIGHT
1st Daniel Milner (CDR / AM-Pro Yamaha)
2nd Matt Phillips
3rd Daniel Saunders
4th Toby Price
5th Josh Green (Active8 Yamaha)
6th Chris Hollis (CDR Yamaha)
7th Lachlan Standford
8th Tye Simmonds
9th Glenn Kearney
10th Peter Boyle

E1
1st Josh Green (Yamaha WR250F)
2nd Tye Simmonds
3rd Wil Ruprecht
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.