Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Milner closes in on A4DE number 4

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Milner closes in on @A4DE number 4

@Yamaha's Daniel Milner is on the verge of history as he closes in on his four consecutive Australian Four Day Enduro (A4DE) championship victory taking a minute lead into the final day of competition tomorrow.

In football terms, the third quarter is referred to as the premiership quarter where teams blow the contest open and try and put the issue beyond doubt, and Milner certainly did that to his rivals today where he dominated the day winning five out of the six special tests conducted and has now set up a comfortable gap over Matt Phillips as the 220 rider field faces one more day of racing.

Milner leads both the Outright and E2 divisions.

"I always go into a four day with the same plan," states Milner. "The first couple of days are about getting yourself in a good positon and then day three is about laying it all on the line and making your move and it was good that it worked out again today.

"But I also understand that things are far from over and anything can happen. This is motorsport and I can't control everything. We have 90ks to do in the morning before the final motocross test so there is still some work to be done and I need to stay focused and get the job done," Milner ends.

Team mate Chris Hollis (CDR Yamaha) continued to battle bravely through the event and currently sits in sixth place Outright and second in E2 behind Milner. Hollis injured his finger early on day two and has been riding under considerable duress since but doesn't want to offer that as an excuse as riding through pain is part of any endurance event.

"The last couple of days haven't been easy but you just have to keep fighting on," Hollis explains. "I hurt my finger on my left hand which I use on the clutch so I have had to make some adjustments on the fly but I hope to finish out strongly tomorrow."

Josh Green (Active8 Yamaha) continues to log consistent days and day three was no exception with Green holding firm in fifth place Outright but more importantly, has a commanding lead in the E1 (250cc) division on his WR250F. Green is the class of the E1 field and looks set to continue his 2015 domination in the E1 division.

The Women's class now sees Tayla Jones settled nicely at the top of the leader board with a two minute gap back to her nearest rival. Jones again rode well on the third day and extended her lead and will need little more than a smart ride on the final day to lock up another A4DE championship for Yamaha.

Standings - After Day Three
OUTRIGHT
1st Daniel Milner - 2.53.07 (Am-Pro / CDR Yamaha)
2nd Matt Phillips - 2.54.20
3rd Daniel Saunders - 2.56.01
4th Toby Price - 2.57.49
5th Josh Green - 2.57.54 (Active8 Yamaha)
6th Chris Hollis - 2.58.36 (CDR Yamaha)
7th Lachlan Stanford - 2.59.41
8th Tye Simmonds - 2.59.59
9th Glenn Kearney - 3.00.09
10th Peter Boyle - 3.02.40

Class Standings
E2 (450cc)
1st Daniel Milner (Yamaha YZ450F)
2nd Chris Hollis (Yamaha YZ450F)
3rd Lachlan Stanford

E1 (250cc)
1st Josh Green (Yamaha WR250FX)
2nd Tye Simmonds
3rd Wi Ruprecht

Women's
1st Tayla Jones (Yamaha YZ250FX)
2nd Jess Gardiner
3rd Jemma Wilson (Yamaha YZ250FX)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.