Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Marquez Celebrates 50th Career Win with Sensational Final Lap, Pedrosa 5th

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Marquez Celebrates 50th Career Win with Sensational Final Lap, @Pedrosa 5th

What was the strategy for the Phillip Island race?

We knew Marc had a great pace, as he showed all weekend, but also Jorge especially in the warm up seemed able to stay with him. We though the race would have been a battle between them but in reality it ended up with a 4 riders battling until the end! I still can’t believe what Marc did in the last lap! 1’29.2 is an unbelievable lap time and he took an unforgettable win, the 50th of his still short career! Dani has been struggling more all weekend especially in the last sector. We were very happy at the beginning of the race to see him fighting in the leading group, but finally he missed something.

Positive and negative points after the race?

The positive is clearly the win, especially for the way it happened! Our bike has been competitive here in Australia, not only with Marc but also with Dani and Cal, so we are happy. The negative is that Dani has not been able to fight for the podium after his win in Motegi, but in Sepang I believe he will be there again!

The view from pit wall during the race?

I think this was one of the best race I ever seen in MotoGP, even if I am here since twenty years! When they crossed the finish line before the last lap we though “ok, second is not bad” and it was really unbelievable to see Marc catching up so quickly! A great emotion and a special taste that we will never forget!

Inside story apart from official comments?

Mick Doohan came to Phillip Island and it is always a pleasure to see him. He is a legend, and part of HRC's history and we are just glad to have these kind of people in our family!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.