Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha's Daniel Milner Leads The Way In A4DE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Yamaha's Daniel #Milner Leads The Way In @A4DE

Reigning Australian Four Day Enduro Champion (A4DE), Daniel Milner, has got his 2015 title defense off to a great start as he leads the field after the opening day of competition, in Tasmania.

Day one saw six special tests ran throughout the course of the day with Milner taking the Outright win in three of those to take a three second lead in the prestigious event. Only a blemish in the fourth test slowed his progress but he bounced back strongly in the remaining two tests and got his title defense on track.

Yamaha riders make up four of the top six riders after day one in a strong showing for the brand. Milner leads outright and E2 (450cc), with team mate Chris Hollis sitting in fourth outright despite a heavy hit to his clutch finger in one of the morning tests.

"I smashed my clutch finger pretty good in the second test this morning so I was in a bit of pain there for a while," Hollis explains. "It looks a bit ordinary now but with some treatment tonight, it should be fine by the morning and we will be ready to get after it again," he ends.

Josh Green sits in fifth outright on his WR250F and leads the E1 class for 250cc bikes. Green had a smooth opening day and will look to continue his good form on day two.

Right behind Green was his team mate, Beau Ralston who sits in sixth place. Milner, Hollis and Ralston make up a Yamaha 1-2-3 in the premier E2 division.

Tayla Jones sits in second place in the Women's division, 10 seconds behind leader, Jess Gardiner. Third is fellow Yamaha mounted, Jemma Wilson, with both giving Yamaha a strong showing in the Women's class.

The only downer for the day was when Kirk Hutton fell and injured his ribs and has been forced to withdraw from the event. Hutton was undoubtedly the favourite in the Veteran's class but is now out of the event.

The fast paced action continues tomorrow at Wynyard in Tasmania.

Standings- After Day 1 (provisional)
OUTRIGHT
1st Daniel Milner - 58:39.5 (Am Pro / CDR Yamaha)
2nd Matt Phillips - 58:42.6
3rd Daniel Saunders - 59:15.6
4th Chris Hollis - 59:22.2 (CDR Yamaha)
5th Josh Green - 59:44.2 (Active8 Yamaha)
6th Beau Ralston - 59:58.9 (Active8 Yamaha)
7th Toby Price - 1.00:13.9
8th Glenn Kearney - 1.00:22.2
9th Lachlan Stanford - 1.00:22.7
10th Wil Ruprecht - 1.00:59.5
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.