Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Clout Claims Fourth At Jimboomba

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Clout Claims Fourth At @Jimboomba

@Serco @Yamaha's Luke Clout raced to fourth at the second round of the Australian Supercross Championships held at Jimboomba, just south of Brisbane, over the weekend.

Contesting the SX2 division on his Yamaha factory supported YZ250F, Clout was forced to battle his way through the field in the opening laps and moved into fourth place before the midway point of the 15 lap SX2 final.

With the leading trio, led by US import, Jimmy DeCotis, setting a fast pace out front, Clout was unable to make time and push for a podium position forcing him to settle for fourth place.

"I didn't get a great start and just was a bit off on a few sections of track in the main event. I felt good in the heat where I won, but in the main event, I just wasn't hitting the whoops as well as I needed to and maybe needed to pick up my corner speed a little.

"We have a two week break now before the next round, so I will work on those things before Adelaide and I will be ready to go and back up on the podium again," Clout warns.

Team mate Jed Beaton continues his learning curve in supercross and again made a step forward at Jimboomba. Contesting only his second ever supercross, Beaton looked far more comfortable on the track improving his finishing position from last week, moving to 11th for the round.

"I still have some things I need to improve on but I am progressing and feeling better each time I get on the bike. The whoops were tough for me tonight and a lot of guys struggled there but if you are to be good as supercross, then that's what I need to work on.

"I pulled through without any injuries tonight so I will be able to get a full two weeks on the training track before Adelaide and continue to get better at each round," Beaton stated.

Clout now sits in equal second on the championship table after two rounds, while Beaton is just outside the top 10.

The Wayville Showgrounds in Adelaide hosts round three of the championship on October 31.

Round two results - Jimboomba
SX2
1st Jimmy Decotis
2nd Jackson Richardson
3rd Wade Hunter
4th Luke Clout (Serco Yamaha)
5th Geran Stapleton
6th Luke Arbon
7th Taylor Potter
8th Dylan Wills
9th Lewis Woods
10th Jesse Madden
11th Jed Beaton (Serco Yamaha)

Championship Standings - After Round two
1st Jimmy Decotis - 70
2nd Jackson Richardson - 60
3rd Luke Clout -60 (Serco Yamaha)
4th Luke Arbon - 55
5th Wade Hunter - 54
6th Geran Stapleton - 52
7th Lewis Woods - 47
8th Dylan Wills - 44
9th Taylor Potter - 42
10th Jesse Madden - 40
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.